• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Xtreme Man Race

Nuno Alexandre

A serie of photos from last weekend.

An extreme man race where 1000 men have their manhood put up to the test.
An extreme track of 12 km, but that even to the fittest person, will take over 2 hours to complete.
Danish cold weather, hard terrain, steep climbs, mud holes and military training obstacles are all part of the intensive race recipe.
This year I took part in the race, documenting what these man go though during the pain aggravating hours the race endures

I will post 4 photos, the rest of the series can be seen on my website. Link at the bottom.

Thanks for looking, C&C is welcome.

Photo 1:
1045518963_6QEDk-L-1.jpg

3 minutes into the start... across a muddy water hole 50cm in depth, run for 100 meters

Photo 2:
1045519494_dG6rv-L-1.jpg

The best dressed competititors could also win a prize

Photo 3:
1045519863_is4qv-L-1.jpg

Crawl under lines, in the slippery mud

Photo 4:
1045520107_iYZeh-L-1.jpg

Its dificult to keep balance in these conditions..

The rest of the serie, total 35 images, can be seen in my website:
http://eosphoto.eu/Events/Xtreme-Man-Race-2010/14166638_XSZif

Thanks for looking.

Ken Tanaka

pro member
Good images that capture the -ahem- spirit of a very strange event. (And I thought that our Chicago Marathon, held last weekend, is "strange"...huh, ain't nuthin'.)

Who knew that "xtreme manhood" would be found in mud? Let me guess: following this slog, and showers, there was much heavy drinking and male bonding at local pubs?

Anyway, nice coverage, Nuno.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
A serie of photos from last weekend.

An extreme man race where 1000 men have their manhood put up to the test.
An extreme track of 12 km, but that even to the fittest person, will take over 2 hours to complete.
Danish cold weather, hard terrain, steep climbs, mud holes and military training obstacles are all part of the intensive race recipe.
This year I took part in the race, documenting what these man go though during the pain aggravating hours the race endures

I will post 4 photos, the rest of the series can be seen on my website. Link at the bottom.

Thanks for looking, C&C is welcome.

Why does it test manhood? This would work well for women too! Why not? If she can run this for you, then she will make a great wife and mother, able to achieve superhuman results! When you wrote a test of manhood, I was wondering if the gametes were having a race! Now that would be a good race.

The second picture has a very nice look to it. I can imagine James bond n that suit, LOL! Very elegant!

Photo 2:
1045519494_dG6rv-L-1.jpg

The best dressed competititors could also win a prize

Wonderful series! So how did you do, yourself?

Asher

Nuno Alexandre

Well, it wasn't me that came up with the title of the race :)
I suppose it tests the manhood, because they support the idiology that a real man, is one that is strong and is not scared to get dirty in mud.. but i think its all just for fun.
I also would like to see such a race only for women :)

I went along the complete track, walking and sometimes running to get out of the way, but I was not competing. I did get really dirty too in the mud as well my cameras, at times I was in mud up to my knees! i had to get close to get these photos.
Used a 16-35 f/2.8 & 24-70 f/2.8.

Thanks.

fahim mohammed

Nuno, test for a man or woman, sure is a test for the camera person and the equipment.

Nicely captured with the slime and grit visible.

Regards.

p.s I know someone who would like to have a go at this race!!