• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

An image shot with a Ricoh GR published in Boat International

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Double spreaded page, picture shot with a Ricoh GR, in Boat International, December 2013 issue.

Yes, the Ricoh GR’s image quality can make even difficult pictures (night shoot in the rain) with strong contrasts, good lights, accurate colors and … tack sharp!

MYS_Photo_Nicolas-Claris-904x611.jpg

Original

N002011-DoubleP.jpg

Published

I'm not responsible for the color drift !

Context:
N002011_text1.jpg

nicolas claris

Great to see your pictures being published Nicolas.

Thank you Cem.
As you know I have many images published in magazine worldwide almost every months, however what is interesting in this case is that the IQ of this image from the Ricoh GR was good enough to be accepted by the leading yachting magazine for a double page…

Thank you Cem.
As you know I have many images published in magazine worldwide almost every months, however what is interesting in this case is that the IQ of this image from the Ricoh GR was good enough to be accepted by the leading yachting magazine for a double page…

Hi Nicolas,

It's not just the camera ...
Congratulations!

Cheers,
Bart

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
MYS_Photo_Nicolas-Claris-904x611.jpg

Original

N002011-DoubleP.jpg

Published​

I'm not responsible for the color drift !

Nicolas,

This is superb and also fun. To be able to get publishable images from a pocketable and unobtrusive camera is a great advance. You have many years that you can add to that when you direct it to do its job so well!

I do not understand the white items in the published image. Is that a reflection of your restaurant napkin in the page spread, as I can't see these in the original. :)

Asher

nicolas claris

I do not understand the white items in the published image. Is that a reflection of your restaurant napkin in the page spread, as I can't see these in the original. :)

Asher

Bonjour Asher

These are "artifacts" due to ceiling lights when i snapped the pages (user's fault!). In real they don't appear of course.

This simply shows that with a good affordable camera, one can have great IQ if the settings are good when shooting and minimize post-prod. I remember a recent discussion here in OPF about resolution that is not all, this image can contribute to the debate.
I'm quite sure this image would show well on a billboard (thanks to the viewing distance)…

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Bonjour Asher

These are "artifacts" due to ceiling lights when i snapped the pages (user's fault!). In real they don't appear of course.

Well, Nicolas,

I thought it was reflection in the glossy printed page, but I had imagined Marine and you both were celebrating and were holding your whet table napkins to get more light to the magazine, LOL! Actually, it is a great addition to the original composition for an editorial. I must learn that trick!

This simply shows that with a good affordable camera, one can have great IQ if the settings are good when shooting and minimize post-prod. I remember a recent discussion here in OPF about resolution that is not all, this image can contribute to the debate. I'm quite sure this image would show well on a billboard (thanks to the viewing distance)…

I carry this camera everywhere. I was thinking of also getting the Sony full frame fixed 50mm as a second small camera, but then they came out with the A7 which Cem bought everyone!

This is a great time, especially for those who really like to take cameras with them and not get weighed down so that it becomes a drag after several hours.

That's such an important factor. The Ricoh GR exemplifies the advantage of simplicity and quality rather than cameras that can do everything. We just zoom with our feet or else stitch two frames. And this camera is especially fantastic at bracketing 3 shots with one shutter press!

Still, we can take lots of shots that don't get anywhere. I'm so happy to see your picture in a double page spread as that vindicates my thoughts that it's a pro grade camera and substantiates Paul Abbot's impressions too.

Looking forward to more like this! Meanwhile get some winter pics!

Asher