• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Cat on the Fence

Michaela Taylor

which is an uncomfortable position for everyone but a cat :)

DSC_8339.JPG

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
which is an uncomfortable position for everyone but a cat :)

DSC_8339.JPG

It used to be the sine qua non of a quality photographic website, that cat pictures were excluded. Cat's whiskers were the final test of camera or lens resolution. Those were the old days.

Since then I realized how beautiful, handsome or self-important or even imperial a cat can be! More important is the attachment folk have with furry animals and cats are favorites immediately after dogs helpless hamsters!

So now I am self-trained to relax and enjoy these creatures for their own sake. Thanks for sharing. Yes the cat is very comfortable looking. Part of this must be the continuous redistribution of weight over pressure points so as no to get sore from the hard edges we'd feel on that wall.

Pretty marvelous how they can sit there for hours and don't get sore!

Asher

Michaela Taylor

It used to be the sine qua non of a quality photographic website, that cat pictures were excluded. Cat's whiskers were the final test of camera or lens resolution. Those were the old days.

Since then I realized how beautiful, handsome or self-important or even imperial a cat can be! More important is the attachment folk have with furry animals and cats are favorites immediately after dogs helpless hamsters!

So now I am self-trained to relax and enjoy these creatures for their own sake. Thanks for sharing. Yes the cat is very comfortable looking. Part of this must be the continuous redistribution of weight over pressure points so as no to get sore from the hard edges we'd feel on that wall.

Pretty marvelous how they can sit there for hours and don't get sore!

Asher

I read somewhere once that cats remember being worshipped in ancient Egypt and they don't let us forget it either lol. I have to say that they do seem to expect a certain reverence when one approach's them!

I think there comfort has much to do with the fact that they can relax completely and yet still keep their balance....which it very unfair! :)

James Lemon

Hi Michaela

This does seem typical of cats lying around sleeping and enjoying the sun. I wonder if they dream?

James

Antonio Correia

Cats are nice ... sometimes.
I hate cats when we caress them and they open their defenses, the claws. If we are not aware and remove suddenly our hand, then we are hurt.

I prefer dogs. They are gentle and obedient after they know us. And faithfull !
Cats only know us when they want ! They always fall on his four legs even turned upside down and dropped from a short distance.

I clearly remember to make that experiment when I was a boy. :)

Your cat looks sleepy and calm in that position which he can hold for long time if he wants to. The shape of the cat with the dark background makes it pop in the frame. Nice ! :)

Michaela Taylor

Cats are nice ... sometimes.
I hate cats when we caress them and they open their defenses, the claws. If we are not aware and remove suddenly our hand, then we are hurt.

I prefer dogs. They are gentle and obedient after they know us. And faithfull !
Cats only know us when they want ! They always fall on his four legs even turned upside down and dropped from a short distance.

I clearly remember to make that experiment when I was a boy. :)

Your cat looks sleepy and calm in that position which he can hold for long time if he wants to. The shape of the cat with the dark background makes it pop in the frame. Nice ! :)

Thank you! I loved how the cats light Ginger coat stood out from the dark wathered wood of the fence....although this cat is not my cat :)