• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Melancholia

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi,

doing shots on already weak red tulips using overexposure to reduce colors and forms I did some filterwork in postprocessing to get that melancholia of fading away:

Wolfgang,

Good work! I love emotive imagery.

I do appreciate that the camera settings cannot always give an out of the camera mood you have in mind. In this case, would a really wide aperture and racer thin depth of focus be a useful here too?

................and BTW, do you have permission from Maggie Terleckie, LOL! She has domain over emotive Tulips, at least in Canada!

Asher

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi,

I do appreciate that the camera settings cannot always give an out of the camera mood you have in mind. In this case, would a really wide aperture and racer thin depth of focus be a useful here too?

No, as I have been a close as possible to the sharp tulip and I wanted the most part of the tulip sharp.
Postprocessing justed added a slight colorchange and a texture and did not affect the basic visual-optical mood of the shot.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi,

No, as I have been a close as possible to the sharp tulip and I wanted the most part of the tulip sharp.
Postprocessing justed added a slight colorchange and a texture and did not affect the basic visual-optical mood of the shot.

Well, I bring no expertise of my own to emoticon flowers. I am just so impressed when others deliver them. I am still struggling with people!

Asher