• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Mondphasenbrunnen

Robert Watcher

The quirks some might want to criticise are intended here.

So you may be referring to this observation of mine :) . . .

. . . the first and last images posted, suffer in my opinion from the buildings leaning ear the edges of the frame and the slight lens curvature apparent. Too bad that the front building on left in the first image, is lit and included - much better in the last view later on for sure.

Interesting concept working in on the subject from distant to close - that works well. For me, the second image is the strongest with greatest potential - - - very symmetrical and dynamic.

-----

Michael Nagel

Robert,

thanks for stopping by.

Let me put it this way:
I am (more than) slightly bored of overly corrected and postprocessed images.

Now to the three pictures mentioned.

Including the lit part of the building was a choice for two reasons:
Overview in general: Walking further away and using a longer focal length would not have worked that good for the lack of space .
I like the reflection of the bright part of the building in the water and on one of the round stones symbolizing the moon. Did you see these?

The last one is off-center to increase the visible surface reflecting the lights in the background.

The second one was just the same exercise like many of my U-Bahn pictures, made and added for the sake of completeness.

Individual choices...

Best regards,
Michael