• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Grave Architecture - Montjuic Cemetery, Barcelona '14

Paul Abbott

A small series of selected photographs documenting this huge cemetery...and all taken with my RICOH GR and GW3 21mm.

montjuiccemeterymanampghostcl700_zpsd75a8c82.jpg

montjuiccemeterymarybustontomb6500_zpsa164f229.jpg

montjuiccemeterycoffinwalls4700_zps873366c4.jpg

montjuiccemetery2700_zps219d203a.jpg

montjuiccemeterytwoladystatuesmourning3500_zpsebc1dce6.jpg

montjuiccemeteryseraphimheadinhands5600_zps0ad5daf1.jpg

Chris Calohan

First time I've seen them. Great stuff. We have several cemeteries around here that pretty much cater to Bikers or hard core rednecks. The gist of the gesture is almost the same but there is a huge difference in the structure of the tombstones.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
A small series of selected photographs documenting this huge cemetery...and all taken with my RICOH GR and GW3 21mm.

montjuiccemeterymanampghostcl700_zpsd75a8c82.jpg

montjuiccemeterymarybustontomb6500_zpsa164f229.jpg

montjuiccemeterycoffinwalls4700_zps873366c4.jpg

montjuiccemetery2700_zps219d203a.jpg

montjuiccemeterytwoladystatuesmourning3500_zpsebc1dce6.jpg

montjuiccemeteryseraphimheadinhands5600_zps0ad5daf1.jpg

Paul,

I'm taken back at the richness of the sculpture invested in the cemetery. I wonder whether you managed to get the name of the fellow in the first imressive sculpture?

Asher

Paul Abbott

Hello Paul

These are very interesting compositions... I am surprised no one has commented on them?

Hey James, I find it to be the norm on here. In a couple of photographs I saw a relationship between the sculpture/ statues and so composed and photographed them accordingly. I always try to look for something beyond a straight snap. Thanks for your comment...

Chris, Montjuic Cemetery is something to behold, it really is set apart from anything else. Joan Miro has a plot here. Thanks for commenting...

Hey Asher, I didn't get the name of anyone here really, I guess I kept things anonymous. Again, there is such a richness in sculpture here. I didn't get to see all areas because the place is so vast. Next time I guess...

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hello Paul

These are very interesting compositions... I am surprised no one has commented on them?

James,

You're so right, you switched on the light here!! Paul has had the sculptures reflect on the dead! This is indeed, outstanding work!
!

Asher