• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Had that idea...

I thought of doing something that hasn't been done before using this wedding...

1. I've selected 220 images (out of 1836) on my web site to tell the whole story as it happened....
http://www.fotometriawedding.gr/en/page/index/20
2. I made a 7min long video (out of the 1h 07min that was processed) as a complete summery of the same event....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2a9wrJ15l4&feature=youtu.be
3. I made a special section on my page showing the whole 24 (40x80cm) double pages wedding album that was delivered to the customer...
http://www.fotometriawedding.gr/gr/page/index/21

I thought this way a new customer would know exactly what he is paying for... (this job is the usual staff). If it works, I will be doing the same with more of this summer... It's quite a busy period to give it a priority currently... it will have to wait till after November.

_dsc1091.jpg

Just watched the video! Well done. :)

What I am trying to do Maggie (and I work to improve it all the time) is to have common approach to both the photography and the video... I've come to the conclusion that what really matters, is to provide the customer with a story rather than shoot pictures (or motion) that will just look good.
In my opinion, the book and the video have to tell a real story that the couple can refer to in the future, when they fight, when they change, when they look to life backwards 20 or 30 or 40 years later.... A story that will serve the whole family development even after the couple has gone...

I don't like to shoot all customers like they are the "dukes of stratosphere", ...if they are, I will shoot them like they are. My part is to be the story teller and to direct that story telling for the scenario they provide, I hate it when customers want to built on a false scenario and I try to convince them otherwise... Wedding photography IMO has to be documentary with images that concern the couple ...not pictures for the web page or the observer from the outside. A book (or a film) is a book (or a film) when it tells a story.... and the wedding album is a book (same as the wedding video being a movie)!

_dsc3054.jpg

Last edited:
I think you have achieved that. I felt like I was there and enjoyed it all. There were sweet parts, funny parts (when the men help the groom get dressed and put his shirt on backwards) and tender parts. I am sure they will enjoy it and watch it every anniversary.

I think you have achieved that. I felt like I was there and enjoyed it all. There were sweet parts, funny parts (when the men help the groom get dressed and put his shirt on backwards) and tender parts. I am sure they will enjoy it and watch it every anniversary.

Thanks for your kind words Maggie! The groom had a "payback" (as I was told) for a previous idea of his on one of his close friends.... Later on he trusted his father's attention (and encouragement)...

_dsc0968.jpg

Have you seen the wedding albums we print and make in Fotometria? You (and other wedding photographers) may find them interesting... we do share them with other photographers.... They come in either 40x60 (40x30 for the cover) double pade size or in "square format" of 30x60 or 35x70 or 40x80 for each double page, I've made a thread on the one that its pages are made entirely out of fine art canvas in the "printing" section of the forum.

_dsc1143.jpg

Steve Webb

It is an interesting concept Theodoros. My concern would be that by adopting this method it may cause potential clients to leave your site before seeing work that grabs their attention.

I think they say that you have a maximum of 3 mouse clicks and about 5 seconds to grab someone's attention or give them what they are looking for, or they go back to google and find another site.

Of course, that doesn't matter if the visitor to your site has already been recommended to your work as they will be more eager to look.

I totally agree with the story approach and am always working towards telling the entire story of the wedding day in the album. It is also important that clients can see the full package before handing over their deposit money but I would normally show them through a previous wedding shoot when meeting them face to face.

May I say, your albums look wonderful.

It is an interesting concept Theodoros. My concern would be that by adopting this method it may cause potential clients to leave your site before seeing work that grabs their attention.

I think they say that you have a maximum of 3 mouse clicks and about 5 seconds to grab someone's attention or give them what they are looking for, or they go back to google and find another site.

Of course, that doesn't matter if the visitor to your site has already been recommended to your work as they will be more eager to look.

I totally agree with the story approach and am always working towards telling the entire story of the wedding day in the album. It is also important that clients can see the full package before handing over their deposit money but I would normally show them through a previous wedding shoot when meeting them face to face.

May I say, your albums look wonderful.
Hi Steve, of course they are right in what they say about attracting new customers in web pages, but I have two objections on what they say (for photographer's sites)... First is that (IMO) if one looks for wedding photography, he is prepared to see some work before he decides... in fact I believe that new customers revisit the web pages that find interesting and compare the work with one another until they come down to 4-5 photographers to contact... Second is, that I am based 55 miles outside Athens in a very bad economical situation (as you know) and thus I have to work with distant (sometimes too distant) customers all over Greece (where additionally the Islands are very popular among wealthy foreigners or homers to do their weddings) and thus I have to communicate as much as possible of my work to people that don't have immediate access for a face to face meeting.
Again, you are right that good recommendations is more important than new customers since the year has only 52 weeks and the clients that can be served are limited.
Thanks for your comment on my albums, you may contact me if you wish to learn some details on them, we do serve a few other photographers in Greece and abroad with a few of them and I believe they are very reasonably priced for the quality... Fotometria is not an album making business, we can only make a limited quantity (about a hundred more than what we need for own customers annually) and we are happy to share them with a few friends for them to present uniquely to their most demanding of clients... As you may very well know Steve, there are many customers that won't appreciate the difference from a good work to an inferior one, but there are none that won't appreciate a good hand made presentation...

Thanks for your kind words Maggie! The groom had a "payback" (as I was told) for a previous idea of his on one of his close friends.... Later on he trusted his father's attention (and encouragement)...

_dsc0968.jpg

Have you seen the wedding albums we print and make in Fotometria? You (and other wedding photographers) may find them interesting... we do share them with other photographers.... They come in either 40x60 (40x30 for the cover) double pade size or in "square format" of 30x60 or 35x70 or 40x80 for each double page, I've made a thread on the one that its pages are made entirely out of fine art canvas in the "printing" section of the forum.

_dsc1143.jpg
Theodoros,
I don't do weddings, but your albums are indeed quite beautiful and the fact that they are handcrafted makes them even more special. They are lovely!

Theodoros,
I don't do weddings, but your albums are indeed quite beautiful and the fact that they are handcrafted makes them even more special. They are lovely!
What we do Maggie, is to use the same process that we use when doing painting reproduction to print the pages on fine art paper or on Canvas(!)... and then I get one of the painters I do reproduction of his work to paint the real wood cover for me (at very special cost)....

Michael Ritter

That is a great way to present what your bride and grooms are going to get for their money.
What sort of feedback are you getting from prospective customers?

Jerome Marot

The links you posted doesen't seem to work!

Theodoros Daskalos (I think that is his real name) was active on this forum and many others at the time (5 years ago). He also had a web site for some strange photo service he was offering in Greece near Korinthos. Eventually he got banned from most of the forums in which he was active and apparently also stopped his photographic business, which explains why the web site lapsed. As far as I can tell he moved to Katerini in the mean time.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Theodoros Daskalos (I think that is his real name) was active on this forum and many others at the time (5 years ago). He also had a web site for some strange photo service he was offering in Greece near Korinthos. Eventually he got banned from most of the forums in which he was active and apparently also stopped his photographic business, which explains why the web site lapsed. As far as I can tell he moved to Katerini in the mean time.

I was sorry about him being banned. but folk here really didn't take to him. His name was an "offense" especially to tose who we had insisted not used pseudonyms.

Asher

James Lemon

I can understand somebody exploring images.Why would someone troll around leaving comments on threads that were posted over 5 years ago in some instances ?

Jerome Marot

I was sorry about him being banned. but folk here really didn't take to him. His name was an "offense" especially to tose who we had insisted not used pseudonyms.

Actually, Theodoros was banned in all the forums I followed at the time. I distinctly remember he was banned from dpreview and luminous landscape and more than once.

Jerome Marot

I can understand somebody exploring images.Why would someone troll around leaving comments on threads that were posted over 5 years ago in some instances ?

It may not be trolling. If you click on Marius Pavell's signature, it brings you to a web site with elaborate photo albums. I remember the original images posted by Theodoros, there was a photo album in a similar style.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
No question that Marius is a skilled fellow with a quick eye as he recognizes smakll details in a picture. Although in 3 instances, he accidentally admitted pictures that are missing, LOL. I don't really mind linking to increase traffic. That is reasonable for a good photographer. Just one has to really engae and post photographs too.

I have explained that. When he has done so, this discussion will be removed, of course. We do. not need to criticise anyone if that person is sharing pictures!

Asher