• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Rain stopped . . . Most Things.

Helene Anderson

Not having been on top form I had done little recently but ventured out yesterday;

The weekend when the festivities start, a public holiday on the 1 May and it's raining, has been for days and all is subdued.

I got out yesterday with the idea of getting a few images of the fair during a quiet moment though the overcast sky did nothing to lift spirits.

001A-Copie.jpg

There were a few people about and I thing much of the preparation had been done.

005A-Copie.jpg

I walked round trying to find something cheerful, positive but it was not easy.

013A-Copie.jpg

019A-Copie.jpg

I think grey was the main thing yesterday (it is today - looking out of the window). The is a lot of grey on the fairground machinery and with the colour of the sky . . . . not too cheerful eh!

I put a few words on the blog also. For my part I am hoping normal service will be resumed as soon as possible - !

Hélène,

I'd say you found some interesting and colorful subjects despite the cloudy conditions. In fact, diffused lower level light often gives colors a luminous quality that not possible on sunny days. The bumper car photo is a good example of this.