• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

modayfunfotoday

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Daisy is having fun today...

it's still Monday here on the West Coast...Actually it's Tuesday in Belguim. :)

This is Daisy as a puppy on her kiddie slide. She had so much fun running up and down the slide.

273169871_vXo66-S.jpg

Ray West

No Chuckle from me this week, I'm sorry. Maybe I'm in a more miserable mood than normal. Put it down to the weather. Can't assign scores, either, hope that's OK

Rachel, I'd seen it before - last week. It's an old joke, for goodness sake. As a senior member you should be setting an example (well you are, but not in that way ;-)

Dierk, that is amusing, but puzzling. In particular since I do not understand the language. Now if it says, something like 'two rabbits walk into a bar.....' then it may be funny. Interesting, though, and good observation.

Charlotte. Well I guess*
after four margaritas, or more @-)
everything looks like that. It's not scary, though, but last, if you posterised it to some extreme, beyond the garden fence, and then some more, stretched the
jaundice beyond the temperament,
Assisted ably by some of your scribblings with the peculiar ./?:'* appendages attached
then you could post it in the art section.

Best wishes,

Ray (keeping my head down)

Rachel Foster

Nooooooooooooooooooooo, Monsieur Ray, you malign me!

Last week was a truck on the tracks! This week is children walking their bikes on the tracks in view of a sign saying 'Walk your bikes!"

I'm sorry, Monsieur Ray, but you failed miserably this week. We shall give you another chance next week.

An' I ain't no stinkin' senior member. I'm a NEOPHYTE!

Dierk Haasis

pro member
Dierk, that is amusing, but puzzling. In particular since I do not understand the language.

The language and what is written on the eaten paper doesn't matter at all - or I wouldn't have posted it here, since you specifically asked that jokes should not need explanations. [Note to myself: Don't go into a lecture on how and why humour, wit and jokes are always dependent upon knowledge, hence there are very few universal ones. There isn't even a lowest common denominator.]

Anybody knowing me - in person and for some time - or has had a look at my DVD-listing, is aware of the fact that my humour is wide-spread. As long as it is well done I laugh at a joke. For instance: Superbad is in, Dumb and Dumber is out; Twelfth Night is as funny to me as the porter scene from Macbeth. I love the gentle, romantic and dark comedy in La vita e bella as much as the sarcastic wit of To Be or Not to Be or the acerbic satire of Ace in the Hole and One, Two, Three.

Last week my entry was a frightened cat, frightened by a mouse.* A staple of easily accessible humour for decades on TV and in cinemas [though Tweety is not a mouse and I like those Warners much better than Tom and Jerry ]. This time it is a tree with a face eating up human artefacts; probably too sophisticated. Others have provided good and funny photos, too.

And you can't laugh.

PS: Next week prepare for a simple shot of a toilet. Worked in 1960, works today - if only in the US of A.

*Let's set aside that it is only this one photo from the series that makes this impression.

Barry Johnston

Zimbabwe survivor...

Since Zimbabwe and it's elections have been so much in the news of late, I thought I would share this clip that was e-mailed to me. It typifies and sums up the situation there.

me003933.gif

The above cartoon was originally published in the South African publication called 'The Weekly Mail' by Stephen Francis & Rico, and permission is being sort by the poster to link to it from his web site.

Barry

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray West

Ah, well, I almost missed these, I don't look on Mondays, then other posts came, and they slipped back to a previous page.

Barry, I think your tag line with the political situation the cartoon refers to, is so very apt. But, the whole situation for the folk there, is not funny. Sometimes assassination is too generous.

Dierk, we had a birch tree, once. The developer insisted on planting it, because the local authority said they had drawn it in the plans submitted for the housing development. It 'looked nice', for about two weeks every year, while the young leaves were shooting, then it covered everything with a sticky mess. It was 'unfortunate' that it mysteriously died, after it was pruned with a chain saw, about a foot above ground. I tried reviving it with a solution of copper sulphate, but somehow that seemed to make it worse.

Thanks for posting.

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Missing the point

Hey Barry,

I am sorry but I don't get the political joke.

What I do see is that the comic strip has a copyright on it and it belongs to the author. Having had some of my own work used without permission, I am very sensitive to that - being Music, Art, Written Word, Photography or other original works.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I have made the links for the cartoon directed to the publisher's own website where the images are stored with public access.

StuartRae

Tomato in the Sky with Onions

Well, it'll soon be Monday!!

Stealing the title of a Beatles song.

I got bored yesterday while I was doing a bit of cooking. Then, inspired by Colleen's comment about a slice on onion in the sky, I got the camera out.

planets-4.jpg

Regards,

Stuart

Cem_Usakligil

Well, it'll soon be Monday!!

Stealing the title of a Beatles song.

I got bored yesterday while I was doing a bit of cooking. Then, inspired by Colleen's comment about a slice on onion in the sky, I got the camera out.

LOL, I love it too. But you've missed the "eye in the sky" to which Coleen has also referred (see: The Alan Parson's Project).....

Cheers,

(PS: this is too much fun for Mondays)