• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Yashica ML 1.7/50mm

Ron Morse

I have only taken a handful of shots with this lense. I just don't have time in the summer to enjoy myself. All the shots that I have taken with this and the flek have been test/practice shots.

This shot of Maxwell was taken as it came dark with flash. Forgive the background, it was just a fun shot to use the lense.

I found black point and white point in curves and nothing else. It didn't actually even need that. No sharpening other than in camera default.

f/ 5.6
1/200
ISO 400

Josh Blackwood

Really nice shots, Ron! Love the sharpness of the images, great pose too.

I have an old Yashica FX-D Quartz with a ML 50mm f/1.9 that my brother gave me years and years ago, but unfortunately it was in quite bad shape already, and now I doubt there's any recovery for the poor thing. The lens is in such bad shape as to almost be a good special effects lens, with all the viny fungi. Your post caused me to get it out and look it over again.

Heh, if ever you want a ML 50mm f/1.9 in really bad shape, let me know. ;-)

Regards,

Josh

Ron Morse

Really nice shots, Ron! Love the sharpness of the images, great pose too.

I have an old Yashica FX-D Quartz with a ML 50mm f/1.9 that my brother gave me years and years ago, but unfortunately it was in quite bad shape already, and now I doubt there's any recovery for the poor thing. The lens is in such bad shape as to almost be a good special effects lens, with all the viny fungi. Your post caused me to get it out and look it over again.

Heh, if ever you want a ML 50mm f/1.9 in really bad shape, let me know. ;-)

Regards,

Josh

Thanks Josh.

I believe the yashica ML 50/1.7 is a better lense than the ML 50/1.9. The yashica ML series are a very under rated lense, very close to zeiss in my experience. I paid less than $20.00 for this lense. I don't think my canon L glass gives any better picture quality.