• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Who, What, Where?

K.Hannah

Look! There is one of those two legged things looking at us... what shall we do?

32548258464_e50d6d5439_b.jpg

K.Hannah

Hi

well done ... next time try to give a little more space at the right side.

But... wouldn't that limit the space for the ostrich on the right? It is facing left, so if I take away the space on the left and put it on the right it would limit the place it has to "move" to. Actually why the photo is composed like that is so that ever ostrich has somewhere to look. The two left facing ones have space on the left to "look" at and the same for the one facing right.

Wolfgang Plattner

yep, but for an ingenuous viewer visually the "important" one is the left one, as he is the tallest and preferred by the light ... the other possibility would be to make the right one "important" and give him some space at the left side.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Look! There is one of those two legged things looking at us... what shall we do?

ROTFWL!

?

What a sense of humor and a wonderful catch! Ostriches themselves are metaphors for folk that ignore the reality of the world and stand their ground.

Rather timely, I'd say!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
But... wouldn't that limit the space for the ostrich on the right? It is facing left, so if I take away the space on the left and put it on the right it would limit the place it has to "move" to. Actually why the photo is composed like that is so that ever ostrich has somewhere to look. The two left facing ones have space on the left to "look" at and the same for the one facing right.

yep, but for an ingenuous viewer visually the "important" one is the left one, as he is the tallest and preferred by the light ... the other possibility would be to make the right one "important" and give him some space at the left side.

One of the miracles of our time is that Photoshop brings us "content aware" fill of empty space. So o e can simple expand the picture and gradually add more relevant space.

I do that all the time if need be! Could be to remove litter or to balance an image to my taste!

Asher

K.Hannah

ROTFWL!

?

What a sense of humor and a wonderful catch! Ostriches themselves are metaphors for folk that ignore the reality of the world and stand their ground.

Rather timely, I'd say!

Asher

Everything has its perfect timing :p lol They just had this lovely shocked/startled look about them... like they were caught red handed at something but the human :)