• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Midwater

It's beginning of the morning... pale light is entering the window as night is running away... don't you see this painful human shape under the sheet ? Maybe reminiscence of a nightmare...

f5e3092440d60ad0e77fde5fa8252d4.jpg

"Midwater" - Cedric Massoulier

Nikon D700 & AF-D 1.8/50
RAW file processed in C1 Pro and PS CS3

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
It's beginning of the morning... pale light is entering the window as night is running away... don't you see this painful human shape under the sheet ? Maybe reminiscence of a nightmare...

f5e3092440d60ad0e77fde5fa8252d4.jpg

"Midwater" - Cedric Massoulier

Cedric,

I too like the shapes of crumpled sheets lit from a low angle. As the light changes, different creatures populate the bed. Still, I prefer the scene with a figure in it.

Here, you are quite right, there's an horrible monster, a face of a demon from some West African mask.

The thing to do is to make the bed, get a girl to sleep there and when she wakes up, you have a picture!

Asher

Cedric - I have enjoyed some of your prevous images, but I must admit, this one does not do it for me. I feel I have to look, and imagine, way too hard (and I am prompted to do so only by your words). Otherwise, it looks just a bit like a snapshot to me...

I feel something is missing from the picture. Even the slightest bit of human interest would make it more interesting. Or I'm just not "getting it".

Asher Kelman

Where are the brothers, sisters and cousins of this picture, Cedric?

I feel something is missing from the picture. Even the slightest bit of human interest would make it more interesting. Or I'm just not "getting it".

Dawid,

That's why I asked for a figure!

The thing to do is to make the bed, get a girl to sleep there and when she wakes up, you have a picture!

Cedric,

From time to time, your pictures give us a social puzzle, a sort of existentialist question. Here, however, this picture seems on its own, not related to your other work. Or is it? What other images if any might this best be seen alongside, or is it indeed solitary and has to stand on its own?

Asher

Hi folks,

We can consider this picture as a lonely attempt... It is not really linked to my usual work which is more urban and sometimes social. I just liked the light and the atmosphere of this morning during my summer holidays. I have also distinguished a kind of human face in the yellowish part of the sheets, in the dark background. Even today, i still like this image, but i can't explain it. It's not a good picture but it has something, it evokes dreams and night for me.

But i don't think i would select it for an exhibition ;)

Cedric.

Cedric.

Asher Kelman

Cedric,

It's important that you strike out in new directions. Think more of this and maybe you might do more in this direction, Don't let us inhibit a new path.

Asher