• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A rendez-vous...

A bouquet of flowers laid on the ground and a subway ticket ..., did the rendez-vous gone wrong?

594a46bc985af15e5748d6e6d1aa66f.jpg

Charlotte Thompson

Cedric

Romantic like almost "film noir"

this has such appeal to me
I could see it framed and placed in a soft pale eggshell white bedroom
next to a vase of roses- white of course!

very vintage shot
love it a lot-

Charlotte-

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
A bouquet of flowers laid on the ground and a subway ticket ..., did the rendez-vous gone wrong?

594a46bc985af15e5748d6e6d1aa66f.jpg

Cedric Massoulier: Rendez-vous

Original

Cedric,

I like your pictures so much as they are not about what one sees, but rather what's imagined and that's always a question, observation or a musing about people. This is another commendable image, very simply constructed and powerful. The sentiments you express give the final fabric to hold everything together as a memorable creative work that people might want to return to often.

I hope you don't mind me sharing my own feelings on some of the pictures special features that help to make it work to get out interest and deliver your ideas successfully.

Brokenrendezvous_AK.jpg

Cedric Massoulier Rendez-vous

Edits by ADK to show two strong possible lines of movement

First notice the single ticket. This serves as a "Stop" point which will not move and is a reference position, (together with the curb stones), against which movement might be imagined. The large sweeping action from the roadway extends through the flower stems to bring one's eyes upwards and to the right into the picture just as the flowers rotate and thrust downwards, (blue) to the sidewalk.

This is such a simple and powerfully constructed image and the title for it says it all and opens a gate to a mystery. What happened before and what happened afterwards is an entire movie!

Asher

Damien Paul

That is a great capture, Cedric, and as others have mentioned - your title describes it perfectlly - this picture certainly tells a thousand (and more) words