• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Snow White in her Deep Sleep

Charlotte Thompson

Before the Prince awakens her

Transparency overlay
combining the idea of a fairy tale with photographgy in a Not so Traditional way..

picasabackground-2.jpg

John Angulat

pro member
Nicely done, Charlotte.
It seems a departure from some past overlays.
A bit less complex.
I like the effect.

Oh, and if I'm late to the party...nice job on the blog!
I thinks it's a great blend of your images and poetry.
I shall be a frequent visitor!

Charlotte Thompson

John

Hi
and how kind of you to follow my work...now if I could just remember my password grr..
yes this was subtle ..was interesting to work on and express "The Snow White sleep"
thanks again my friend!

Charlotte-

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Before the Prince awakens her

Transparency overlay
combining the idea of a fairy tale with photographgy in a Not so Traditional way..

picasabackground-2.jpg

Charlotte,

I live the poetics. The muses you have serve you well but I'd prefer to have the work less compressed. For sleep one needs freedom of movement, endless spaces for a princes to dream. Here with confining real estate, I feel out princess might be not only asleep but restrained too.

Might you, perhaps, consider a more open implementation of your ideas so there's unlimited possibility. We don't want an angel's wings to be torn!

Asher

Last edited:

Charlotte Thompson

Asher

you may be right but the idea of a deep sleep in a coffin is about being confined "the unnatural sleep" I wanted to show this idea and one to feel it so- dunno though-
until the "Prince comes with his kiss to bring the Princess back to a natural life-
though I do understand what you are saying-
my idea of contained confinement" a suffocation of beauty-
thank you for coming by- and as always your challenging ideas!

Charlotte-

Asher Kelman

Asher

you may be right but the idea of a deep sleep in a coffin is about being confined "the unnatural sleep" I wanted to show this idea and one to feel it so- dunno though-
until the "Prince comes with his kiss to bring the Princess back to a natural life-
though I do understand what you are saying-
my idea of contained confinement" a suffocation of beauty-
thank you for coming by- and as always your challenging ideas!

Charlotte-

Then these macabre ideas within which you envelope beauty, deserve a title more like your "Suffocation of Beauty!" idea than any fairy tail vision. Although, I admit, most fairy tails are indeed gruesome! Humpty Dumpty breaks his head, The Grandmother is eaten by the wolf, the three blind mice have their tails whacked of with a carving knife and no anesthetic, LOL!

Still, "Sleeping Beauty" to my mind, never was seen in a horrid way.

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Asher

I beg to differ Snow White is plagued with horror-this piece is not about Sleeping Beauty"although that fairy tale also is filled with darkness as well--- This is about Snow White-envy suffocation beauty innocence
I have found an excerpt from "The Original Grimms Fairy Tale "Snow White"

But snow-white was growing up, and grew more and more beautiful, and when she was seven years old she was as beautiful as the day, and more beautiful than the queen herself. And once when the queen asked her looking-glass, looking-glass, looking-glass, on the wall, who in this land is the fairest of all.

It answered, thou art fairer than all who are here, lady queen. But more beautiful still is snow-white, as I ween.

Then the queen was shocked, and turned yellow and green with envy. From that hour, whenever she looked at snow-white, her heart heaved in her breast, she hated the girl so much. And envy and pride grew higher and higher in her heart like a weed, so that she had no peace day or night. She called a huntsman, and said, take the child away into the forest. I will no longer have her in my sight. Kill her, and bring me back her lung and liver as a token. The huntsman obeyed, and took her away but when he had drawn his knife, and was about to pierce snow-white's innocent heart, she began to weep, and said, ah dear huntsman, leave me my life. I will run away into the wild forest, and never come back

Asher Kelman

Charlotte,

You are right! I remember now! Point well taken! What a woman! I'd be scare to be her husband!

Asher

Rachel Foster

Charlotte, if I didn't respect you and your ability so much, I'd let this pass by without comment. But..it doesn't work for me on any level. Maybe it's just me, though.

Charlotte Thompson

Rachel

It's ok- not all things work for all people- art is so subjective-
nice to see you again- thanks for coming by this thread

Charlotte-