• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Head Shot How-to - a basic guide to shooting head shots

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I have started a simple tutorial blog on how to shoot good head shots on my blog if anyone is interested in viewing it.

For now only the first post is up, but more will follow soon.

the link is http://www.radiantsquares.com/2010/01/head-shot-how-tos.html
Hi Ray,

You are ambitious and generous in sharing ideas on headshots. Amusing that you consider the head as having a say in the process! I hope you will take items you've mentioned and deal with them each again in some detail. It's a good start and worth the read!

Asher

Ray Detwiler

pro member
Hi Ray,

You are ambitious and generous in sharing ideas on headshots. Amusing that you consider the head as having a say in the process! I hope you will take items you've mentioned and deal with them each again in some detail. It's a good start and worth the read!

Asher

I would love to delve into more detail on anything you think might be beneficial for the site readers. Just let me know what you think would be worth getting more details on.

Jena Wryth

Beyond the technical stuff (like being in focus and well-lit), a good headshot portrait is dependent upon the industry and the use you have for it--i.e., I wouldn't advise shirt-off for you but that might be totally appropriate for a pro wrestler.