• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: North Tipperary. Ireland

Rob Naylor

Last week, I spent the whole week in North Tipperary on business.
Fortunately I managed to get one free afternoon for a bit of sightseeing, so me and my Czech colleague Petr (who is also a keen amateur photographer) went for a 110km drive around the lake ("Lough Derg") on the Northern border of Tipperary.
Neither of us had been to this area before, so we hunted the "good spots". I don't know if we found them, but here are a couple of panos of the lake, taken from the west bank.

All the area was perfectly unspoilt and natural, and to cap it all the weather was pretty good!

Lough Derg, North Tipperary, Ireland.

9177824058_a61f89fdf7_o.jpg

9153002545_61faf472e5_o.jpg

Last edited:

Cem_Usakligil

Nice panos Rob, did you stitch?
I especially like the serenity of the first one. The light is a bit flat but you can create a bit of mid tone contrast in the pp if you want to.
The second one is a bit uninteresting on the left hand side imo. Also there seems to be too much water on the foreground.

Rob Naylor

Thanks Cem
Agreed about the first one, I am interested in your comment about creating contrast in the mid-tones - how is this done ?? Is it with "levels"?

The second was a little for me, the left side only exists to draw attention to the patch of sunshine on the right. I think an alternative crop is called for to reduce the left side and lower edges. I will have a "play" and post my offering tomorrow.

Katie Bishop

Kudos on getting nice weather. Travelled around Ireland a couple of years ago and it poured the entire time. Locals just said I was getting an authentic experience.