• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Never send a Bobcat

Doug Kerr

While I was looking for an ill-cataloged image, I came upon this, which seemed worth posting given the recent discussions of composition.

Bobcat_E00290R.jpg

Douglas A. Kerr: Never send a Bobcat to do a real Cat's work

Now, do we think that with the distracting element of the Bobcat removed . . .

Best regards,

Doug

James Lemon

While I was looking for an ill-cataloged image, I came upon this, which seemed worth posting given the recent discussions of composition.

Bobcat_E00290R.jpg

Douglas A. Kerr: Never send a Bobcat to do a real Cat's work

Now, do we think that with the distracting element of the Bobcat removed . . .

Best regards,

Doug

Good choice on perspective. I am sure they got it loaded and off loaded but I wonder what this particular length of log will be used for or was it a matter of efficiency ,laziness, that they didn't just make another cut?

Doug Kerr

Hi, James,

Good choice on perspective.

Well, I shot this out of my front window, so that was just preordained! Nice that it worked out.

I am sure they got it loaded and off loaded but I wonder what this particular length of log will be used for or was it a matter of efficiency ,laziness, that they didn't just make another cut?

This was about a large tree than fell over in a windstorm near our (then) home in East Dallas. The trunk was cut up and the pieces hauled off (not sure to where - some landfill, likely). Clearly, that process did not match the machine they had in mind to load the pieces with!

There was likely no mechanical engineer on the crew.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug