• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

In Perspective, Planet: Ready to Go

Prateek Dubey

31017-fullsize.jpg

Prateek Dubey : Ready to Go

Every morning people living on the streets, do their morning chores on the street itself. Getting ready for work. This is a normal spectacle in India, especially around markets. This guy is lathered up in soap. Ready to go...

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
31017-fullsize.jpg

Prateek Dubey : Ready to Go

Every morning people living on the streets, do their morning chores on the street itself. Getting ready for work. This is a normal spectacle in India, especially around markets. This guy is lathered up in soap. Ready to go...

This is so interesting even though I've seen soaped up early morning street folk like this in pictures before. It brings to us a sense of respect for folk we might even think as dirty because of their poverty and lower social status. Doubtless, it's a grab shot, but it's successful!

I'd try to make more!

Thanks for sharing,

Asher

Mark Hampton

Prateek,

I have come back to this image four or five times - the focus from eyes and the lean toward the viewer provide a pent up energy.. This man may burst from the image..

Thanks

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Prateek,

I have come back to this image four or five times - the focus from eyes and the lean toward the viewer provide a pent up energy.. This man may burst from the image..

Thanks

Mark,

I think you are so right. He seems to be like a panther ready to pounce! This man's DNA should be healthier than most as he has survived where so many others have not thrived well at all!

Asher

Nick Masson

I've always found it difficult to capture this kind of intensity in an image of a person. It often is revealed in hindsight when the perfect moment is captured -- that split second of focus in the eyes. And agreed, the body geometry (that of leaning towards the viewer/photographer), makes the intensity so much stronger, despite the profile being face on. Nice.