Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > OPF Welcome Hall > Themes

Themes Post the best of your favorites in our "Themes". Brief Comments only!

Old April 2nd, 2015, 02:22 PM

Digging out this old thread....

Fun shot from last month:

Best regards,
Michael
Old March 30th, 2017, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruben Alfu View Post
Hi Michael, nice variations on the theme. The scale of that station in the first photo is impressive, is that another photographer there?

@Jerome: very elegant photo!

Ruben Alfu : Red Rocks Amphitheatre

I think this is a nice example of dynamism created by a diagonal line that Fahim mentioned. The rocky lines lead downwards, but the curved lines seem to flow towards the observer in continuous motion.
Old March 30th, 2017, 05:23 AM

A Himalayan waterfall

Reginald
Old March 30th, 2017, 07:42 AM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Calohan View Post
I liked this one for the countering effect of the single point of light moving uphill against an overwhelming downhill slant of trail, limbs and light.

A Find Along the Trail: Chris Calohan
Excuisite........and lovely bubble Bokeh!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old March 30th, 2017, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio Correia View Post

Rusty diagonal

Wet diagonal
These are so simple, rich and strong.

Kudos, Antonio!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old March 30th, 2017, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald Johnson View Post
A Himalayan waterfall
Reginald,

I also love to photography waterfalls and they are challenge. So many different opportunities to frame the same scene in a myriad of decisive ways.

You have made some unique choices, like cutting off a feeding part of a major flow to the lower left, yet it works admirably.

Asher

Old April 12th, 2017, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
Reginald,

I also love to photography waterfalls and they are challenge. So many different opportunities to frame the same scene in a myriad of decisive ways.

You have made some unique choices, like cutting off a feeding part of a major flow to the lower left, yet it works admirably.

Asher
Thank you, Asher. Framing is often a dilemma for me still. Sometimes the LCD view seems to have a different effect than watching on the PC monitor. In this case however, I was concentrating more on bringing out the splashing droplets without freezing them or smoothing out the water flow.
Old April 13th, 2017, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald Johnson View Post
Thank you, Asher. Framing is often a dilemma for me still. Sometimes the LCD view seems to have a different effect than watching on the PC monitor. In this case however, I was concentrating more on bringing out the splashing droplets without freezing them or smoothing out the water flow.
Yes, you suceeded! I do not ever choose the milky look although it's a very effective strategem. What you have done still allows for the image to conjure up the thunder and splashing and spray in my face!

Asher