• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Spring is here

Jarmo Juntunen

But it is still hiding.

Muuratjärvi Apr 29th, 2017

_img1280.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
But it is still hiding.

Muuratjärvi Apr 29th, 2017

_img1280.jpg

Hi Jarmo,

I like the composition but wonder if you also might have considered whether cutting away the bottom half and so the top half would be strong as a panorama.

Yes, it would lose some of the bleakness of the larger scene........

Asher

Wow, north of 60° latitude is a whole 'nuther world, Jarmo!

I can see Asher's point about the crop but I prefer the image as it is. The ice and precipitation dominate the scene while the shoreline house and the woods offer shelter.

Jarmo Juntunen

Thank you all! Regarding the crop, I quite liked the patterns in ice on the foreground and wanted to include them.

It has been a rather chilly spring this year but this snow fall was something completely unexpected! Folks had mainly changed from winter to summer tires so the traffic was an absolute chaos! Luckily this backlash only lasted one day and now we already have temperatures of around 10 C (which, I know, does not impress most of the OPFrs, lol!).

Oh, Jarmo, almost makes me feel at home.. LOL. Last week I still had 3 feet of snow in my front yard, but a week of rain and it's all gone.. although, we may still get some this week.
As for the image, I also like it as is... makes it feel colder and more foreboding and like the place is more isolated. Fabulous image ! Maggie

Jarmo Juntunen

Oh, Jarmo, almost makes me feel at home.. LOL. Last week I still had 3 feet of snow in my front yard, but a week of rain and it's all gone.. although, we may still get some this week.
As for the image, I also like it as is... makes it feel colder and more foreboding and like the place is more isolated. Fabulous image ! Maggie

Maggie, you're making me jealous! In the Southern part of the country, where we live, we never had that much snow this year! That's terrible for a Laplander like me. I need snow! (but I do love warm summers, too).

Thank you for your nice comment.