Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > OPF Welcome Hall > Themes

Themes Post the best of your favorites in our "Themes". Brief Comments only!

Old December 3rd, 2016, 10:17 PM
Banned

Default A constant companion

DSCF9155 (1) by tomdinning0099, on Flickr

_DSF5108 by tomdinning0099, on Flickr

_DSF4081 by tomdinning0099, on Flickr

_DSF3843 by tomdinning0099, on Flickr

_DSC2645 by tomdinning0099, on Flickr
Old December 4th, 2016, 05:48 AM

All quite nice but especially fond of the composition in the last with the subject to the far right and gazing off to the right as well. Has an energy.
Old December 4th, 2016, 02:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Dexter View Post
All quite nice but especially fond of the composition in the last with the subject to the far right and gazing off to the right as well. Has an energy.
Anything with Christine in it is nice, Pete, although she does make an effort to spoil my composition by popping up at the most inopportune moments. On purpose I might add.

Like you with the humming bird, the last shot has a other version with the background sharp, which is what had intended. Unfortunately my eyes don't work well in low light so I rely on auto focus.
Cheers
Tom
Old December 4th, 2016, 06:07 PM

Hi, Tom,

All lovely, each in a different way.

Of course, DSCF9155 is the very best!

After that, I think I like DSF3843 the best.

I will not pollute this note with any artsy-babble about why I like these. In any case, my artsy-babbler is not operating at very high capacity these days. Actually, I have euthanized it.

Best regards, and give my best to Christine.

Doug
Old December 4th, 2016, 08:51 PM
Banned

Thanks, Doug.

I'm considering an artsy fartzy bi-pass myself. Far to much trouble these days. I'll stick to the Chardonnay, though. I'll guzzle instead of sip.

You and I agree. My favorites as well. We always do 'selfies' together when we travel. Reflections from a peculiar surface. This was a very grotty window in some very grotty place we got lost in.

#3843 is in Siena. I watch Christine a lot when we are out and about. She gets very engrossed in her photography. On this occasion it seems as if she was performing on stage for a small crowd of men gathering in the background.

Most days she's oblivious to the background or my presence. Occasionally I get a "hoy!" Or a "f off" if I venture into her line of sight.

It's a joy to see her so content. She's had a tough life of violent men in 2 marriages. I'm happy to provide her with the place to be content and safe.

Xx
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Kerr View Post
Hi, Tom,

All lovely, each in a different way.

Of course, DSCF9155 is the very best!

After that, I think I like DSF3843 the best.

I will not pollute this note with any artsy-babble about why I like these. In any case, my artsy-babbler is not operating at very high capacity these days. Actually, I have euthanized it.

Best regards, and give my best to Christine.

Doug