• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

How young is everyone?

What year were you born?

• 1901-1924

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1925-1942

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 1943-1960

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • 1961-1979

• 1980-1998

• 1999-2017

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
It might surprise you, Pao, to know that children can get married, (here in the USA), in some states after age 11, while others are stricter for some unknown reason, and demand the child be at least 13. perhaps they are over-protective and they don't want to spoil the kids childhood!

For drinking alcohol, one has to be 21 years old, as by then one is mature, as, apparently, the brain is fully myelinated. Miraculously, in the armed forces, (after 6 weeks of basic training), one becomes fit to drink and carry a machine gun!

Still, in commercially managed healthcare, (were doctors decide how to ration treatment to save money), age cannot be taken into account. So everyone is screwed equally!

For me, if I wake up in the morning and I know my name, I am still 20 years old. That lasts until I have to help move a piece of furniture or climb on the roof! Then I am 30 and a prince who should have others do the chores!

But they don't turn up!

So then I settle for 76 and am happy I am no longer kidding anyone!

Asher

fahim mohammed

For collecting data on septuagenarians and older for actuarial purposes.

Insurance company and funeral home lobbyists have a secret agenda on this forum.

Hope that elucidates your perplexity.

Ask, and you shall receive.

btw, how did the Diwali photography go? Anything to share with us?

Sorry, but I didn't get what is the point of this discussion, Confused!

Pao Dolina

For collecting data on septuagenarians and older for actuarial purposes.

Insurance company and funeral home lobbyists have a secret agenda on this forum.

Hope that elucidates your perplexity.

Ask, and you shall receive.

btw, how did the Diwali photography go? Anything to share with us?

You sir are hilarious. :)

Pao Dolina

I have been holding my smiling granddaughter, just 5 months old!

That privilege arises when one IS older!

Asher

You're a lucky man Asher. A very lucky man.

If I could redo the last 3 decades I'd have wanted to have a

- 15yo
- 11yo
- 7yo
- 3yo

by now and do birding nearing my 70s rather than in my 20s.

Asher Kelman

If I had wife that gave birth today I'd be in my 70s when they graduate HS. 😂😂😂
That’s fine! Nothing wrong with that. You will make at least 3 people very, very happy! I have seen first time fathers at age 65 do fabulously! But their skiing on black diamond slopes might be a bit scary!

I was conceived when my mother was 48!

Asher

Pao Dolina

That’s fine! Nothing wrong with that. You will make at least 3 people very, very happy! I have seen first time fathers at age 65 do fabulously! But their skiing on black diamond slopes might be a bit scary!

I was conceived when my mother was 48!

Asher

I worry that I'd pass prior to them graduating Uni. :-|

Asher Kelman

I worry that I'd pass prior to them graduating Uni. :-|
You already moved the timeline beyond graduating highschool.

But let me assure you, the 15-20 years together would be an immense source of amazing happiness and fulfillment!

I didn’t do that at I already have children. But while awaiting grandchildren I thought, hell, why not!

But as soon as grandkids we’re on their way those crazy thoughts vanished, never to return.

1662098726549.png

For sure, if I was single and 57-60, I would definitely want to get married and have the joy of family!

Asher