• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Life & Death

Chris Calohan

In a continuation of my Sunflower series, I saw this grouping this morning and thought of the marriage vows a young couple made the other day...

14564706052_c446e29eb7_o.jpg

Until Death Us Do Part: Chris Calohan​

Excellent concept and brilliant composition, Chris! Everything seems to be working in this one, except at several petals of the young flowers where either the color channel or luminance value might be off the scale to the right. This could entirely be a shortcoming of my monitor, of course.

Chris Calohan

Thanks Tom. I moved the color slightly to the right of center to eliminate some hot spots in a manner that generally leaves little perceptible trace....except, I guess in this image :)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I like the duality Chris. Does it also work as well in B&W? I'd image that theory withered texture of the dead flower should be pretty impressive compared to the fresh even form of the live flower.

Asher

Chris Calohan

I couldn't make it work in B&W in a manner that suited my style but perhaps[s after a day or so will have another look at it.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Chris,

You've done a splendid job and I think it's better this way. Colors do not add to the frankness or stark reality that faces all of us!

Asher