• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Their Golden Years

Chris Calohan

Withering Heights

I went to a retirement home the other day at the request of a client to do a "final" shot of her mother. As I maneuvered the hallways, I was struck by the number of withered old folks parked out in their wheelchairs, some in the dark, others arranged in groups in window alcoves, all of which prompted me to revisit my sunflower arrangement yet once again.

Three Visions

14611087234_6882b15e0c_o_d.jpg

Their Golden Years: Chris Calohan

More to Asher's likes but still maintaining my own streak of the macabre to what we do with our old people.

14590142866_c211f8f77f_o_d.jpg

Where is the Dignity?: Chris Calohan

14426801317_d098269dcd_o_d.jpg

I Was Once a Dancer: Chris Calohan​

Last edited:

Doug Kerr

Hi, Chris,

Something? Anything? I hate it when I make corrections as per suggestions and then get no feedback.

OK.

I think the (new?) title for 14426801317_d098269dcd_o_d.jpg is quite clever.

I'm not sure just what I am supposed to be seeing with regard to the the "black on black" matter.

Best regards,

Doug

Doug Kerr

Hi, Chris,

Oh, now I see it.

Yes, the image (14611087234_6882b15e0c_o_d.jpg) as rendered by my browser (Firefox V30), and seen on my ViewSonic VX2035WM display does not distinguish the two black levels.

Pity. It is a very nice subtlety of your image.

As presented on the forum, it looks as if the general background is at about RGB 13,13,15 (Y=0.0041), while a typical flower shadow is at about RGB 3,4,5 (Y=0.0012).

This is a tough region to work in!

Best regards,

Doug