• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

In Perspective, Planet: Being able to breathe again!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
_54055837_c0082767-the_brain_and_cerv.gif

Just because it's so remarkable and the edge of what will be commonplace 10 years from now, mice, unable to breathe without an artificial ventilator have had the circuits repaired! Read more here

Imagine what this will mean for folk with spinal cord injuries, on a ventilator or who can't control the bowels and bladder!

_53902589_cellularisedscaffoldforpatient.jpg

We've just had the first artificial trachea transplant. We are at the cusp of repair of all organs!

So if you have health problems, cut out the excess salt and fat, have multivitamins, fish oil and exercise so you can survive long enough to get totally repaired. And don't smoke or screw around without condoms at least!

The promise is there that many degenerations of organs, such as diabetes, nerve conduction diseases, bone degradation and more will be correctable in the next 10 years! Pretty amazing!

Asher

Nice. As fixing body parts go, I just had lasik last friday and can now see 20/15!!! I wonder when lasik will just replace eyeglasses?