• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Trees & the Motif of "Sky"!

Antonio Correia

i-CJ3FSrG-L.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
So many fascinating sights in Vegas.

John

L1002497-Edit.jpg

John,

Deceptively, the trees look natural, just as we expect them to be. but actually they are trimmed to give that stepped layered looks of cut branch formation that surrounds the trunk below the fresh green fronds.

Also the jet trail in the sky shows the hand of man in the writing high above. Very evocative of the man made mirage of Los Vegas!

Asher

Antonio Correia

Antonio, There's such a lot of beauty beyond that tree. That could be moses looking towards the "promised land" he was destined never to reach! Asher

Thank you Asher :) It's just a view of Thailand from Cambodia !

Thank you Tom :)

Have a look at the coloured version if you please.

i-kqDDKF2-L.jpg

Asher Kelman

Antonio,

Thanks for the color version. It's hard to choose between them. Did you use a Polaroid filter to get that over sat sky? Do you have any of the whole tree? i'd like to see Moses' feet, LOL!

Asher

Michael Nagel

The line of the trees along the skyline is picture perfect, just a few and each has space. Large empty skies are an issue sometimes, but here it seems to work fine.

Asher
Thanks Asher. It felt just right for me.

Antonio - both in b/w and in color this one is marvelous. Color adds, but the b/w version has its own beauty.

One evening in January:

Best regards,
Michael

Antonio Correia

@ Tom - Excuse me if I am a bit late thanking you fo your comment :)

Antonio, Thanks for the color version. It's hard to choose between them. Did you use a Polaroid filter to get that over sat sky? Do you have any of the whole tree? i'd like to see Moses' feet, LOL! Asher

@ Asher - No, I have not used any filter. I am afraid I don't have the whole tree ... :)

Asher Kelman

A tree is always worthy of being photographed................

Nothing wrong with a dead one either.

_DSC8452-2 by tom.dinning, on Flickr​

Hi Tom,

What a great composition and perfect in B&W. I'd love to know the name of this magnificent old-timer! I'm getting to identify with aging things as my cameras get heavier, year by year and my belts and pants shrink! Australia has so many unique native trees we don't get to see. If I have the name, I can look it up and see the leaves and blossom.

Asher

Jerome Marot

_DSC8450 is stunning, but I think I like whirlygig.sky.tree even better. The two pictures could not be more different in their approach of the subject.

Wonderful trees in this thread, people. Here's mine:

-31 degrees

_img1280.jpg

Brr... makes me shiver just looking at it. I have to say though, those really cold days when nobody wants to leave home are often the times you get really impressive winter photos. I'm surprised the water is still running and hasn't frozen over. Thanks for sharing.
Maggie

Here is some more of them….

_dsc4320.jpg

This reminded me of David knocking off Goliath….

_dsc4311.jpg

Oooh that's a bit bigger than usual….

_dsc4326.jpg

Naked….

e4siteb.jpg

A parade of naked…..

_dsc4316.jpg

Go away… we are all tree community here!

_dsc4195.jpg

You think the rock and wind would bother me? ….I have the best of views here!