• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

News: Capture One 11 Supports Fujifilm including Competing MF Camera’s!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
At long last!

for GFX 50S, Fujifilm X-H1, Fujifilm X-T3, Fujifilm X-T2, Fujifilm X-T1, Fujifilm X-Pro2 and many more.

Am amazed and delighted!

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Still no Pentax 645 D nor Z
Sympathy for competiton has it own's limit.
I am not amazed nor delighted.
Bit not surprised!

Asher Kelman

Still no Pentax 645 D nor Z
Sympathy for competiton has it own's limit.
I am not amazed nor delighted.
Bit not surprised!

I am only delighted because Capture One is now the only software I know that can open all my previous Media Pro catalogs from 20 years of work!

I process photographs in Adobe Camera RAW.

Yes, I have loved Capture One in past, but hated its database system as it made no sense to me!

I think there are workarounds for Pentax Z files as for Fuji GFX by going first to a DNG file, but i never bothered.

The only special capability of Capture One I liked was the superior skin uniformity tool.

Almost everything else, I could achieve in Photoshop.

I have tried a week ago tonuse LR as A catalog, but it was clumsy at ingesting and only appeared to recognize a portion of the hard drives images.

Of course. I must have done something foolish and I will revisit the matter.

There must be a reason who almost everyone besides myself, (Jim Galli and Maria Rusis), here seems to use LR!

Asher

Jerome Marot

There must be a reason who almost everyone besides myself, (Jim Galli and Maria Rusis), here seems to use LR!

I don't use Lightroom. I would probably have changed from Aperture to Lightroom if Adobe had not changed their fees to a subscription. Now I avoid buying anything from Adobe.

Asher Kelman

I don't use Lightroom. I would probably have changed from Aperture to Lightroom if Adobe had not changed their fees to a subscription. Now I avoid buying anything from Adobe.

What is it about Lightroom that does make it so popular for folk who get over the payment gouging?

I have LR only because it comes in the subscription. But now I need a catalog maker. What do you use?

Asher

nicolas claris

What is it about Lightroom that does make it so popular for folk who get over the payment gouging?

I have LR only because it comes in the subscription. But now I need a catalog maker. What do you use?

Asher

I am NOT in love with Lightroom, but it is one of the best raw converter for Mac.
I have many hundreds of thousands of images but I don't need a cataloguing sw…
All my shoots are in a separate individual folder with the name of the subject and the date. I use one single LR "catalog" by shoot and create new ones for each new shoot stored in it's parent folder. So easy!

nicolas claris

I think there are workarounds for Pentax Z files as for Fuji GFX by going first to a DNG file, but i never bothered.

Asher

There are (or there were), not for a DNG but with tricking the exif file.

But then C 1 "thinks" the file is from another camera using the same sensor (AFAIR) but do not take into account the lens and the camera's internal sw…
Bad idea, #!!#@!! C1