• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Traditional market life, scenes as likely seen even a 100 years ago, perhaps!

Antonio Correia

I do like this one here because it shows the ambiance in Morocco and a it is a scene of everyday life.

The colors just fit !

Last edited by a moderator:

Cem_Usakligil

....I do like this one here because it shows the ambiance in Morocco and a it is a scene of everyday life.

The colors just fit !
Hi Antonio,

I love the picture of the street in Morocco. But especially for these kind of pictures, I'd beg you to show us the version without subdued colors. I don't think at all that these colors fit this picture. We associate this kind of scenery with bright colors and the hubbub of sounds and various odors/smells which our brain conjures up deep down from our memories.

Thanks for showing.

Cheers,

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Antonio,

I love this so much. It's so characteristic of the crowded traditional markets where traders have skills closer to the things they sell and certainly are good at bargaining.

Asher

Antonio Correia

Yesterday Idid some kind of error because I thought I had posted an anwser here about what Cem said but, actually, I have not. :(

Today I saw that the reply was not here and want to correct that.

I try to make a track of all my posts within the pictures themselves in a private gallery ...

Here is the colored version of the same picture.

What strikes me in this picture is the young boy seated on a wheel chair about to be crossed over by the larger wheel as an adult looks at it.
I also like the tongue of the animal and the guy on the bicycle waiting.
While walking in this area, I was also waiting and when I saw this I just took the picture.

In fact I have done it just for you Cem. It has a small work on LR to give some detail in the shadows and darken a bit the white area of the sky.
However, here is an image of the same place but with lots and lots of color.
I am sorry here to have cut the feet of the guy in the front area but I was shooting - an excuse - with the camear at the end of my arms up above: a guess shot.

I hope you like them both, Cem. :)

But Cem, the other work on the photos give a so nice mood to the scene ...

Cem_Usakligil

...I hope you like them both, Cem. :)

But Cem, the other work on the photos give a so nice mood to the scene ...
Hi Antonio,

Thanks a lot for going to the trouble of posting the color version as well as the new picture, I like them both very much. On the first one, the lighting and contrast can be improved. As it is now it not optimal if you ask me. I am away now but maybe I'll try doing some adjustments later when I have access to my own PC with photoshop installed on it. The second one is am excellent example of how much value color adds to a picture. It reminds me of the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul actually. Re. cutting the feet, I don't think that it is a problem and in these kind of dynamic environments, we cannot have it all :)

Cheers,

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Where in Morroco?

Antonio,

Is the the Grand Bazaar in Casablanca or Tarodent or Marrakesh? I can smell the scents and feel all the energy at the market.

I love the colored version better than the subdued version and Cem is right.

The difference in the Covered Market in Istanbul is that now it is primarily a tourist destination and the markets in Morocco are actual markets used by locals. They are my among favorite destinations in most cities I where have travelled.

Antonio Correia

Hi Antonio,

Thanks a lot for going to the trouble of posting the color version as well as the new picture, I like them both very much. On the first one, the lighting and contrast can be improved. As it is now it not optimal if you ask me. I am away now but maybe I'll try doing some adjustments later when I have access to my own PC with photoshop installed on it. The second one is am excellent example of how much value color adds to a picture. It reminds me of the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul actually. Re. cutting the feet, I don't think that it is a problem and in these kind of dynamic environments, we cannot have it all :)

Cheers,

Thank you for commenting Cem. :)

Antonio Correia

Antonio,

Is the the Grand Bazaar in Casablanca or Tarodent or Marrakesh? I can smell the scents and feel all the energy at the market.

I love the colored version better than the subdued version and Cem is right.

The difference in the Covered Market in Istanbul is that now it is primarily a tourist destination and the markets in Morocco are actual markets used by locals. They are my among favorite destinations in most cities I where have travelled.

The bazaar is in Marrakesh. Thank you for commenting Kathy.
At that day there was a fire going on at dawn when we climb into a restaurant... :)

Antonio Correia

No problem Kathy !
My pleasure. Never been in Lisbon ?
:)

But tell me about the man and the donkeys ... :)

I could track you back in Smug by the ChatKat name :)

Cem_Usakligil

...On the first one, the lighting and contrast can be improved. As it is now it not optimal if you ask me. I am away now but maybe I'll try doing some adjustments later when I have access to my own PC with photoshop installed on it.
Hi Antonio,

As promised, I just played with your file in CS4 and came up with this version. What do you think?

Original version:
458533701_4zdqz-L.jpg

Color and contrast corrected version:
marocco1.jpg

Cheers,

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Lisboa

Antonio,

Yes, I did spend a day in Lisboa. We went to Belem and Sintra. On my smug site, I have an image from Sintra. We went the day after St. Anthony's Feast and everything was closed and the people were hiding out in their homes recovering from the party. I will go back again one day.

Antonio Correia

Cem !!!!
What do I think ?
But is is wonderfull !
I wish I could work with CS whatever as you do...
Huuummm. Excelent.
Nice. Good. :)
Thank you Cem. If you had the raw file the photo would be a masterpiece: shot by me - the Portuguese - and worked by you - the American I assume - it would only need to be recognized by the critics ...
:)