• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Will a Hoodman HoodLoupe solve my problem?

Wayne Stratton

I have a Canon EOS Digitial Rebel XT. The LCD screen is less than 2 inches in size and I have a really hard time seeing the picture after I take it, especially outside.

Will this device help me see the quality of my pictures, while in the field, instead of waiting to see them when I get home? If not, does anyone have any other suggestions?

Hoodman H-LPP3 HoodLoupe 3.0 Professional 3-Inch Screen Loupe
http://www.amazon.com/Hoodman-H-LPP3-HoodLoupe-Professional-3-Inch/dp/B001N0KEWU/ref=pd_ys_home_shvl_1

Doug Kerr

Hi, Wayne,

I have a Canon EOS Digitial Rebel XT. The LCD screen is less than 2 inches in size and I have a really hard time seeing the picture after I take it, especially outside.

Will this device help me see the quality of my pictures, while in the field, instead of waiting to see them when I get home? If not, does anyone have any other suggestions?

This is a very useful accessory. I just got one to use on my EOS 40D (3" back panel monitor display). I also bought the "Cinema Kit" (a little kit of elastic bands) so it can be held onto the camera when appropriate.

It is really great for "chimping" outdoors. I an examine the image very well, even in the brightest sunlight. I also find it great for tripod shots outdoors (even indoors) where I want to use the back monitor in live view mode for critical manual focus. (You may not have that mode on your RXT.)

I'll take a shot of the rig as soon as I can and post it so you can see what it looks like on the 40D.