Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Photography Discussions > Sales, Exhibitions and Web Presence

Sales, Exhibitions and Web Presence Discussion of commerce models and processes by which Photography reaches clients and the public.

Old August 20th, 2011, 05:32 PM

Default Recommendation for high end Business Card?

Can you recommend a high end business card printing company? I have used vista print but the paper quality is not that nice...

Any recommendations?
Old August 27th, 2011, 06:21 PM

I have used overnightprints.com and am happy with their quality. Most of them do offer full color printing on good stock paper with UV coating, glossy or Mat finish ...In any case - what do you mean high end?
Old August 28th, 2011, 08:16 AM

I use NextDayFlyers http://www.nextdayflyers.com/

High quality printing on heavy card stock. Mine are 4-color glossy on the front, 1-color matte on the back.

Relatively inexpensive and fast turn around in the bargain.

Everything in the frame must contribute to the picture.
http://www.charlesLwebster.com
Old November 12th, 2011, 01:36 PM

VERY pleased with the quality, price and turn around from MOO.

http://us.moo.com/en/products/busine...FQ40hwodbyu7GA
Old October 8th, 2012, 11:25 AM

I will give a try to Moo. $136 for 400 cards is not bad at all.
Old October 8th, 2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Haring View Post
I will give a try to Moo. $136 for 400 cards is not bad at all.
I make my cards through MOO and they are gorgeous. I can't recommend them enough.

I use the regular ones and even those are seriously great quality, and you can make each one different if you want, and full color on both sides if you wish. The regular ones are 16 pt and very nice.

They have many options for different types too, rounded corners, gloss laminated, mini-cards that would work well to include with wedding favors as they are so inexpensive or very high end ones that are very thick with a different color card through the middle. These are more like regular business cards with 4 color printing with a textured surface and a different color card running through the middle. Those are 32 pt. I have not used these, as they are quite a bit more expensive but they do look great.

They also do amazing post-cards that are full gloss one side, and very thick and glossy also. I've used these and always get compliments on how nice they are. Nicer than regular travel post-cards you can buy. Since you are a wedding photographer, you could send out to prospective clients especially if you see they have announced their engagement in the paper. Back side would be a hand written note to congratulate them and on the other, an amazing wedding photo to enchant them enough to check out your website and call you up. You also can make each one of these have a different full color back.

oh, also, I once had a crimp in 2 cards out of 60 postcards, and I wrote them, and they send me a whole new set for free with free shipping and they were here in 3 days. I was impressed.

Maggie
Old October 9th, 2012, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie Terlecki View Post
I make my cards through MOO and they are gorgeous. I can't recommend them enough.

I use the regular ones and even those are seriously great quality, and you can make each one different if you want, and full color on both sides if you wish. The regular ones are 16 pt and very nice.

They have many options for different types too, rounded corners, gloss laminated, mini-cards that would work well to include with wedding favors as they are so inexpensive or very high end ones that are very thick with a different color card through the middle. These are more like regular business cards with 4 color printing with a textured surface and a different color card running through the middle. Those are 32 pt. I have not used these, as they are quite a bit more expensive but they do look great.

They also do amazing post-cards that are full gloss one side, and very thick and glossy also. I've used these and always get compliments on how nice they are. Nicer than regular travel post-cards you can buy. Since you are a wedding photographer, you could send out to prospective clients especially if you see they have announced their engagement in the paper. Back side would be a hand written note to congratulate them and on the other, an amazing wedding photo to enchant them enough to check out your website and call you up. You also can make each one of these have a different full color back.

oh, also, I once had a crimp in 2 cards out of 60 postcards, and I wrote them, and they send me a whole new set for free with free shipping and they were here in 3 days. I was impressed.

Maggie
Thanks Maggie!