Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Photography Discussions > Sales, Exhibitions and Web Presence

Sales, Exhibitions and Web Presence Discussion of commerce models and processes by which Photography reaches clients and the public.

Old September 14th, 2011, 11:20 AM

Default Marketing etiquette

I'm new to the arena of getting works in galleries and public places. I recently started to solicit galleries for showing my work. I've gotten some hits and have some exhibition dates lined up.

I'm thinking that it might be a good idea to encourage prospective gallery owners to see my current exhibits. But I'm not certain that it really is a good idea. On the one had pointing someone towards a current exhibit is clearly a good way to let them see the works to help decide if they want to show them. On the other hand, the gallery owner may not like showing something thatís already at another gallery.

So the question - is it considered bad taste to solicit for exhibition opportunities while already showing in more than one gallery?

The prospective locations are in different districts from the locations where my work is being shown.

Any comments or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks!