Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Photography Discussions > Sales, Exhibitions and Web Presence

Sales, Exhibitions and Web Presence Discussion of commerce models and processes by which Photography reaches clients and the public.

Old January 14th, 2015, 05:46 PM

Default Included in Juried Biennial Exhibition

I have two images included in a juried biennial exhibition entitled "Area Artists 2015" beginning This Friday, January 16 and continuing through April 4.

Here are the two images that I submitted:

[/URL]

QuickSilver

[/URL]

Island Burial

Asher, You commented about this image in the previous post,

(Quote)
"End of life images are a tad sad but speak to us and should give us pause."

I want to respond by saying:

The most beautiful shape in nature is the circle. What is sometimes perceived as the end is so often really a beginning. Energy and life as we know it is in a never-ending sequence of transformation. This constant ebb and flow of the life force is always invigorating and exciting, regardless of where you enter the ever evolving conversation.

Best, Bill
Old January 14th, 2015, 05:51 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McCarthy View Post
I have two images included in a juried biennial exhibition entitled "Area Artists 2015" beginning This Friday, January 16 and continuing through April 4.

Here are the two images that I submitted:

[/URL]

QuickSilver

[/URL]

Island Burial

Asher, You commented about this image in the previous post,

(Quote)
"End of life images are a tad sad but speak to us and should give us pause."

I want to respond by saying:

The most beautiful shape in nature is the circle. What is sometimes perceived as the end is so often really a beginning. Energy and life as we know it is in a never-ending sequence of transformation. This constant ebb and flow of the life force is always invigorating and exciting, regardless of where you enter the ever evolving conversation.

Best, Bill
That's why, bill, at funerals there are customs to eat a white shelled hard-boiled egg. It symbolized recycling of life as food and one can run one's finger in any direction and eventually arrive at the same place.

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old January 14th, 2015, 08:23 PM

Thanks Asher,
I think we are on the same page. If there are any OPF folks in the central Maine area, the show is at the Atrium Art Gallery at the University of Southern Maine's Lewiston-Auburn Campus at 51Westminster Street in Lewiston, Maine. The opening is this Friday, January 16 from 6 - 8pm. Be sure to say hello to me if you come down (free and open to the public).
Old January 14th, 2015, 09:17 PM

Beautiful image, Bill. The bird is especially touching. Congratulations for being included in the exhibition.
Old January 15th, 2015, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie Terlecki View Post
Beautiful image, Bill. The bird is especially touching. Congratulations for being included in the exhibition.
Thanks so much, I appreciate your comments.

Best, Bill
Old January 17th, 2015, 12:15 PM

Splendid images, Bill. The shells the sea brought to rest on the dead bird look like the wreaths we use to honour and express our love for a person that died.

Mike
Old January 17th, 2015, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Stones View Post
Splendid images, Bill. The shells the sea brought to rest on the dead bird look like the wreaths we use to honour and express our love for a person that died.

Mike
Mike, I was very much taken with the quietness of the scene, after listening to the howling winds and pounding surf of the night before. Lots had changed on this barrier island, but suddenly a calm had overtaken the area, and I could feel it.

Thanks for your comment,
Bill
Old January 17th, 2015, 06:41 PM

Default Opening Night

The opening for the Biannual show was very active, with more than 200 folks in attendance. We got there early enough to get a fairly good look around before it got so crowded that we all seemed connected and moving together. It's always fun to see the work, and to chat with folks. I took a few pics so that you could get an idea as to how the images looked on the wall.

[/URL]

part of the crowd at the opening

[/URL]

Gallery goers looking at Island Burial

[/URL]

My wife looking at Quick Silver

Best, Bill