• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Scandinavia...Some images

fahim mohammed

random selection of some images made during our visit to the beautiful country of scandinavia.
The land and its people have left a lasting memorable impression on us.

p871368874.jpg

A sample gallery is here:

http://umdah.zenfolio.com/p37015483/

Best regards.

janet Smith

pro member
Hi Fahim

I just paid an enjoyable visit to your gallery, lovely saturated colours with beautiful light, I particularly liked the shot of the bikes, well done you.....

Mike Shimwell

Fahim, lovely. We're off to Norway in a couple of weeks and I'm looking forward. Still not decided what to take though as we're car camping with the children rather than photographing. Having said that, we'll not get another chance for a few years I'm sure.

Mike

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
random selection of some images made during our visit to the beautiful country of scandinavia.
The land and its people have left a lasting memorable impression on us.

p871368874.jpg

Fahim,

Exceptional saturated red! I tried to link one red picture of a window. This is impressive and I'm wondering if there might be some cultural significance?

Thanks for taking us on your travels. This is enjoyable.

Asher

fahim mohammed

Janet, Thanks. I loved the bikes, too. In fact me and my wife rode a couple of these.

Regards.

Hi Fahim

I just paid an enjoyable visit to your gallery, lovely saturated colours with beautiful light, I particularly liked the shot of the bikes, well done you.....

fahim mohammed

Mike, I am sure you shall love Norway, the land and its people. Bergen is an oil town but beautiful.
Oslo is lovely. But to really enjoy you are doing the right thing by car. The wife and children will
ony add to the pleasure.

I have not visited a more children/family friendly country than sacndinavia.

90% of my photography was done with either a 50mm prime or a 20mm prime.

Have a safe journey.

Fahim, lovely. We're off to Norway in a couple of weeks and I'm looking forward. Still not decided what to take though as we're car camping with the children rather than photographing. Having said that, we'll not get another chance for a few years I'm sure.

Mike

fahim mohammed

Asher, thanks for stopping by. There seems to be preponderance of bright colors in Scandinavia.

See red! Maybe the bright colors add warmth in these cold countries.

One more:

p329281814.jpg

Regards.

Fahim,

Exceptional saturated red! I tried to link one red picture of a window. This is impressive and I'm wondering if there might be some cultural significance?

Thanks for taking us on your travels. This is enjoyable.

Asher

Mike Shimwell

Mike, I am sure you shall love Norway, the land and its people. Bergen is an oil town but beautiful.
Oslo is lovely. But to really enjoy you are doing the right thing by car. The wife and children will
ony add to the pleasure.

I have not visited a more children/family friendly country than sacndinavia.

90% of my photography was done with either a 50mm prime or a 20mm prime.

Have a safe journey.

Fahim,

Thanks for the good wishes.

Out of interest as I shall shoot largely with primes I think, what body are you using - only so I can understand how 20 and 50mm relate to my lenses.

Thanks

Mike

fahim mohammed

Mike, at that time I was using the D200 and D80. Nowadays I only carry a D80 and my RF. 2 lenses
for the Nikon and 2 for the RF. My wife uses the D80!

Best.

Fahim,

Thanks for the good wishes.

Out of interest as I shall shoot largely with primes I think, what body are you using - only so I can understand how 20 and 50mm relate to my lenses.

Thanks

Mike

Cem_Usakligil

you know that Scandinavia is not a country? It's actually Norway, Sweden, Finnland, Denmark ans Island.

Brgds, Markus
Hi Markus,

I am pretty certain Fahim knows that, it just the way we non-native English speakers sometimes express ourselves; pretty much like your Finnland and Island ;-). BTW, the latter is not a part of the original definition which only included the Scandinavian Peninsula countries.

Cheers,

Gary Ayala

Fahim Modammed ... the first shot is well done ... I echo Asher and all his comments. You certainly seem to get around this world.

Gary

fahim mohammed

Cem, thanks.

Markus, I was visiting all these countries, did not mean to offend anyone of the citizens of the various countries and islands and penisulas of this lovely part of the world.

Hi Markus,

I am pretty certain Fahim knows that, it just the way we non-native English speakers sometimes express ourselves; pretty much like your Finnland and Island ;-). BTW, the latter is not a part of the original definition which only included the Scandinavian Peninsula countries.

Cheers,

fahim mohammed

Thanks Gary.

I am, as a matter of fact, in manchester England to attend a wedding. Took some timeout to visit
the lake district.

Regards.

Fahim Modammed ... the first shot is well done ... I echo Asher and all his comments. You certainly seem to get around this world.

Gary