• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

News: Urs Recher Lighting Seminars

James Reese

Urs Recher Lighting Seminars: NEW YORK, MAY 4; FORT LAUDERDALE, MAY 6; DALLAS, MAY 8

ursbanner.jpg

Urs Recher, a photographer and lighting expert for broncolor AG, Allschwil, Switzerland, will be conducting a series of 4 hour Fashion/Glamour seminars in the following locations. He will conduct both an Action/Fashion shooting as well as a Beauty/Glamour shooting, separated by a lite snack.

The cost for these seminars is $75.00 a person, and includes a free signed copy of Urs' new book, Light Architecture, a $59.00 value! Seminar size is limited, so please register as soon as possible. You can register for these seminars via email with the event coordinators listed below. We will also be announcing additional seminar dates for this series soon in Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle.

Calumet Photographic
May 4th 5PM to 6PM - meet and greet
6PM to 10PM - seminar
22 W. 22nd Street
2nd floor seminar room
New York, NY 10010

Register via email:
seanmoser@scheimpflug.net or call Sean Moser at Scheimpflug, 212-244-8300

Tye Studios
May 6th, 6PM to 10PM
3704 SW 30th Ave
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33312
954-327-3447, Register via email:scott@tyestudios.com

Bolt Productions
May 8th, 2PM to 6PM
2410 Farrington Street
Dallas, TX 75207, 214-234-8423, Register via email:spook@boltptoductions.com

www.sinarbron.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Folks,

normally we don't allow ads/promotions without folk contributing to actual photography discussions and sharing pictures. I'm allowing this as an educational post as it's time sensitive and beneficial. I expect the poster will get us photographs too. I'm going to be on his back! Sometimes, I'll do this and hope it's not seen as contradictory to our strict policy on recycling used gear!

Asher

Bill Miller

The workshops conducted by Broncolor do not allow the participants to shoot. They are informative, and you will learn about lighting. A full day with a nice lunch included.

Ken Tanaka

pro member
Is there anybody not offering a "workshop" or "seminar" to either (a) promote some photo products or (b) make extra cash (or, more commonly, a living as a "professional")? Same types of crowds at all...early-to-mid-middle-aged guys looking for the secrets.

Asher Kelman

Is there anybody not offering a "workshop" or "seminar" to either (a) promote some photo products or (b) make extra cash (or, more commonly, a living as a "professional")? Same types of crowds at all...early-to-mid-middle-aged guys looking for the secrets.
Hi Ken,

Twenty per cent, at least, are full time working photographers. I assume that they are getting entertainment or inspiration. I enjoyed hearing Jerry Avenon present his famous client portraits.

I appreciated that he let folk know that the same could be done using such an up-angled i/2 blocked Profoto Magnum dish with any other company's lights. He happens to use Profoto 1200 or 2400 Acute systems for his portraits. It wasn't a hard sell.

I never did attempt to copy his lighting.

Asher

Ian L. Sitren

pro member
If I were going to be in NYC around then I would certainly go. I have heard Urs Recher and he is very informative and knowledgeable. Plus it is good to see what others do in the way of lighting and such. I am not looking for any new magic, just another view from someone else. And it is often fun.

Asher Kelman

Hi James,

I'd love to go to the seminar but you don't have any Los Angeles dates so far!

Who's the salesman for California?

Asher

Bill Miller

Hi James,

I'd love to go to the seminar but you don't have any Los Angeles dates so far!

Who's the salesman for California?

Asher

Asher just fly down to Texas on the 8th - Your like everyone else, if you are looking for the local rep call them. Why waste time asking the question on the boards, unless you don't care when the answer arrives.