• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Aces High

James Lemon

i-3CbWRbs-L.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

James,

Sikhs playing cards - never seen that before. It may not even be allowed, LOL! (For sure games of chance with bets are considered a diversion from spirituality). Where was this? I really like it and hope you will share more of this series.

Here's a brief and very engaging introduction to some concepts of the Sikh way of life.

I do admire the fine beards and the man-cave experience, despite being in the open air. Having a true Sikh as a friend is a real advantage in life! Extraordinary rich culture and respect for ourselves as vessels for spirituality and deference to everything living. However, I'm sadly ignorant of that spiritual experience Sikh writings refer to. Maybe I need a guru!

Asher

James Lemon

James,

Sikhs playing cards - never seen that before. It may not even be allowed, LOL! (For sure games of chance with bets are considered a diversion from spirituality). Where was this? I really like it and hope you will share more of this series.

Here's a brief and very engaging introduction to some concepts of the Sikh way of life.

I do admire the fine beards and the man-cave experience, despite being in the open air. Having a true Sikh as a friend is a real advantage in life! Extraordinary rich culture and respect for ourselves as vessels for spirituality and deference to everything living. However, I'm sadly ignorant of that spiritual experience Sikh writings refer to. Maybe I need a guru!

Asher

Hello Asher

Well you know more about Sikhs than I do. it was in a local park . I can tell you that they wont have a picture taken with a messy turban. I had one gentleman remove his turban and then tie it back up for the picture. But that was another picture that I was not happy with.

Best, regards
James

i-Zf9TR46-L.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
They can be very strict as religionists. One fellow told me how he and a policeman killed another Sikh who was smoking a cigarette while wearing his turban outside the fellows restaurant in India. He was so carried away with his sense of outrage at the fellow, at that instant, that he didn't have insight that I'd think it might be a pretty excessive punishment that leaves no room for repentance, LOL!

I'd have thought he's be secretive about such a deed! Still he was so incensed by the disrespect to his culture, that the fellow and the policeman felt they could do nothing else!

But was it true? I have no way of checking. but his restaurant is now closed and I cannot check further!

I do have one great Sikh friend and I'd not want him as anything else! The British love the Sikhs role as fearless warriors in their military campaigns. Their bravery and valor is legendary.

Asher

James Lemon

They can be very strict as religionists. One fellow told me how he and a policeman killed another Sikh who was smoking a cigarette while wearing his turban outside the fellows restaurant in India. He was so carried away with his sense of outrage at the fellow, at that instant, that he didn't have insight that I'd think it might be a pretty excessive punishment that leaves no room for repentance, LOL!

I'd have thought he's be secretive about such a deed! Still he was so incensed by the disrespect to his culture, that the fellow and the policeman felt they could do nothing else!

But was it true? I have no way of checking. but his restaurant is now closed and I cannot check further!

I do have one great Sikh friend and I'd not want him as anything else! The British love the Sikhs role as fearless warriors in their military campaigns. Their bravery and valor is legendary.

Asher

Hello Asher

That is very extreme but then again he could have quit smoking and then get hit by a bus while stepping into the street.

Best, regards

James