• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

No Petzval!

James Lemon

i-mWMRPdT-L.jpg

Leica Monochrom with Summilux 50 @ f/1.7-ISO 320​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Actually, your lens is about the price of a decent pertzval on eBay these days!

The convenience of not having to set up a large tripod, pick the correct lens, look at the bellows factor, take out a film holder, being sure it's fresh and then focus and your picture is ready to appear in the darkroom.

This monochrom of yours gives us the feeling of large format, but at much less mental cost and no schlepping at all!

................also you don't have to check how many film holders you have left!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
i-mWMRPdT-L.jpg

Leica Monochrom with Summilux 50 @ f/1.7-ISO 320​

Jim,

What an intriguing fellow! It's as if he's really holding back and quite privateI wonder how long you've known him. His relationship with you seems tentative....or am I reading too much into his pose.

Asher

James Lemon

Actually, your lens is about the price of a decent pertzval on eBay these days!

The convenience of not having to set up a large tripod, pick the correct lens, look at the bellows factor, take out a film holder, being sure it's fresh and then focus and your picture is ready to appear in the darkroom.

This monochrom of yours gives us the feeling of large format, but at much less mental cost and no schlepping at all!

................also you don't have to check how many film holders you have left!

Asher

Jim,

What an intriguing fellow! It's as if he's really holding back and quite privateI wonder how long you've known him. His relationship with you seems tentative....or am I reading too much into his pose.

Asher

Hello Asher

That does seem like a lot work and a very lengthy process for a hit and miss proposition.

The fellow is a complete stranger just like most of my encounters that last about as long as it takes to snap off about three shots. He was very enthusiastic about it then took off to catch the bus.

I think the pose reveals a display of his own self-consciousness.

Best, regards
James