• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Off to the Yorkshire Dales

John_Nevill

Well, the british summer holiday season is underway and rather than fight with the traffic congestion of the west country or sit in airport waiting for a delayed flight to the med, i've decided to spend sometime in cottage in the Yorkshire Dales.

I've never been before and the landscapes looks fantastic. So do I throw all the photogear in the boot or go mimimal, by bolting a 50mm or 24-70mm on the 5D and grabbing a handfull of CF cards? The latter seems very tempting and equally challenging.

janet Smith

pro member
Ji John

So you're coming to my neck of the woods, I hope you like it..... Make sure to visit Littondale, Pen-y-Ghent, around the Hawes area (Wensleydale), Buttertubs and Malham, Austwick nr Settle. If you go to Malham I would avoid the village centre it's gets very crowded and parking can be a problem, better to go to Malham Cove and Malham Tarn and up on the hill tops above Malham to photograph the exposed limestone, can look wonderful in good light. If you go to the coast, the moors above Whitby are nice.
.... just a few ideas for you.

I would definately bring both lenses or no doubt you'll wish you had the one you haven't brought! I'll hope to see some of your shots when you get back and will keep my fingers crossed for good weather for you, have a lovely time!