• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Take off....

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Most of you know that I've built a little boutique studio and I am just starting my marketing. I am moving my regular business so that I can actually do my regular work (to pay the bills) in the studio while I build the photography business.

So I am giving away some of my services to friends and other clients as well as to those who have the connections to create some buzz. I did an engagement shoot for a long time client a couple weeks ago and the images came out incredible. I am very proud of them. My PS skills are improving. I nailed the lighting and poses - they don't look posed - very natural. I posted one I liked right after I did them.

Anyway, I originally was giving an 11x14 as their wedding gift but they wanted to display it by the guest book so I upped the image to 16x20. They has 200 guests at the wedding and I decided to hover near the photo to see what people were saying. I booked 3 portrait sessions from my gift yesterday.

I am so excited about it, I had to share with you my success.

Shane Carter

Most of you know that I've built a little boutique studio and I am just starting my marketing. I am moving my regular business so that I can actually do my regular work (to pay the bills) in the studio while I build the photography business.

So I am giving away some of my services to friends and other clients as well as to those who have the connections to create some buzz. I did an engagement shoot for a long time client a couple weeks ago and the images came out incredible. I am very proud of them. My PS skills are improving. I nailed the lighting and poses - they don't look posed - very natural. I posted one I liked right after I did them.

Anyway, I originally was giving an 11x14 as their wedding gift but they wanted to display it by the guest book so I upped the image to 16x20. They has 200 guests at the wedding and I decided to hover near the photo to see what people were saying. I booked 3 portrait sessions from my gift yesterday.

I am so excited about it, I had to share with you my success.

Congrats! Where is your studio?

Superb Kathy!

You know, I NEVER in 100 years could do what you do, weddings, people.... LOL.... I just lack the social fine tuning and skills for that, and I admire people who can handle it without getting stressed!

Just a thought, may be it would be an idea to have a wee little box with your business cards beside the book, for anyone interested to grab it.... Another thought about business cards, there is a company in Germany that do frames in aluminium, first class stuff, called "Halbe-Frames".

http://halbe-rahmen.de/en/main/magnetrahmen/das-prinzip.html

Now, I am not thinking about the frames, but when I was enquiring on their business and got their CI broschure and catalog in the post, there was a business card attached, that looked like a business card, but fit into a MAC or PC CD/DVD drive. - Up to you what you put on it! - Very neat I thought in deed....

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
George No, not yet - I am still part time! A Wolf in sheeps clothing if you will. But getting there. As for people skills, well, my first career was in banking and I had a lot of people that I needed to smile at to get their dollars on deposit.

Shane, I am in the Los Angeles area.

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Thank you

Asher,

First, I want to thank you for this forum because I have made some wonderful friends here and the encouragement and education are invaluable.

Thank you all for your encouragement and good wishes. All very special to me.