• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Fantastic Collection

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/programmes/who/david_attenborough.shtml

It is groundbreaking footage in deed Asher.

If you never saw any of his work, which I find hard to believe, but I do not know how well known he is in the USA, I suggest you just have a look, I promise you will not be disappointed!

In my opinion, his footage should have a regular place in the school curricula our kiddos!

If you really never came across Attenborough, I'd suggest you start in treating yourself with "Planet Earth":

The makers of The Blue Planet present the epic story of life on Earth. Five years in production, over 2000 days in the field, using 40 cameramen filming across 200 locations, this is the ultimate portrait of our planet. A stunning television experience that combines rare action, unimaginable scale, impossible locations and intimate moments with our planet's best-loved, wildest and most elusive creatures. From the highest mountains to the deepest rivers, this blockbuster series takes you on an unforgettable journey through the challenging seasons and the daily struggle for survival in Earth's most extreme habitats. Using a budget of unprecedented proportions, photography and unique, specially developed filming techniques, Planet Earth takes you to places you have never seen before, to experience sights and sounds you may never experience again

P.S.
Just thinking, the gang member kiddos we spoke about earlier, if I my gut feeling is right, they probably never saw something like this. How nice would it be to arrange a weekly meeting and show it to them on a large screen.

I can envisions their faces and eyes very much while they are watching this footage ( all his most important work together this is around 100 hours video I think, the above mentioned "The Life Collection" is ~60 hours) and I would love to take fotos of their facial expressions! <smile>

See, in my view, this is education in real matters of life and has inherently the potential to seed a "respect-for-all-creation-meme"

Last edited: