• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Challenge: Motor Bikes: Spring is upon us! Thou shalt spruce up that motor bike!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I just heard that Ivan Garcia is preparing to ride from England to Spain! So I guess people are getting their bikes tunes and tricked out!

Show your best motor bike shots!

Asher

Ivan Garcia

Hi Asher.
Well this is a bit of a surprise.
As you said, I am in the process of planning a long haul trip across France and Spain. I love Biking and ride in all weathers (unless outright dangerous)So my bike will be my chosen method of transport for this.
I will start a new thread and post my pictures and thoughts as I go through the different places I plan to visit (kind of an online public diary lol).
I sent Asher a picture of my bike (below) to illustrate our private chat (it was taken by my son) I am not in to shooting vehicles, so I don´t really have a decent shot. The weather is not very good at the moment, but I shall try to get a better shot once it breaks a little.
In the mean time lets see your 2 wheeled pride and joys :)

06.jpg

Brandon Jones

ooooo

ooooo pretty bike!! i have been wanting to purchase one.. but i am in college and well.. other things come first... good luck to u on your cross country journey! don't forget to have fun while doing it... its not just for pictures!

BJ

StuartRae

I thought I'd posted this once, but it's disappeared?????????? Forgive me if you see double!

Hi Ivan,

Nice bike. I just love the sound of big V-twins.

Here are two of mine, taken about 20 years ago. Unfortunately I no longer have them :-(

Both 1953 and both 500 singles, but as different as chalk and cheese. The Velocette Venom was highly strung - wouldn't do less than 30mph in first without slipping the clutch and refused to start when hot.
The BSA B33 was a carthorse and once got me all the way home in 4th when the gear lever fell off, including a hill start. When I bought it, it was crudely covered in black paint. I stripped it down to bare metal and re-painted it. Amazingly the chrome on the tank was still intact.

Venom.jpg

B33.jpg

Enjoy the trip.

Stuart

That Velo brings back memories of a happily misspent youth ... the 'Tun Run', Ace Cafe, Battersea Bridge ..... Our daughter, a drag race champion at one time, is the third generation of bikers in the family. I have a Kawasaki now but fondly remember the Velo.
Cheers
Mike

John_Nevill

Here's my steed, all set ready to go in the pits at Brands Hatch.

JLNTL.jpg

Unfortunately, after 5 years of ownership it shape shifted into an EF 300 f/2.8 last year :(

StuartRae

Hi John,

Nice bike, but a bit modern for my taste. I hope the lens is just as fast as the bike!

All the bikes posted so far have been beautiful, but here's the ugliest one I ever owned. Not only that, it was the most uncomfortable bike I've ever ridden and the only one that scared me.
Norton wide-line featherbed frame, 750 Combat engine with a feeble Commando disk and front fork grafted on. ******* fast, but very unpleasant.

Norton.jpg

Stuart

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi John,

Nice bike, but a bit modern for my taste. I hope the lens is just as fast as the bike!

All the bikes posted so far have been beautiful, but here's the ugliest one I ever owned. Not only that, it was the most uncomfortable bike I've ever ridden and the only one that scared me.
Norton wide-line featherbed frame, 750 Combat engine with a feeble Commando disk and front fork grafted on. ******* fast, but very unpleasant.
Stuart,

My brother was caught speeding in London with such a 1000cc bike on a divided highway. He was riding with a side car combo and, of course, his feet were on the handlebars as the throttle was just stiff enough to be controlled with the back of his boot!

In court, the policeman was asked if he could control a bike with his feet. The officer admitted that the throttle would go back! So the judge threw out the case. :)

Asher

John Buxton

I believe this was taken somewhere around Parramatta, NSW in 1922. My father is the baby in his mother's arms in the rear sidecar.
The front bike is an ACE and belonged to his uncle, I'm not sure what the rear bike is. Perhaps someone will recognise it.
2343667139_58ef0c2ba0_o.jpg