• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Shooting the brand new CNB 76 with a Pentax 645D

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
The CNB 76 is really a super yacht!
Late September, after the Festival de la Plaisance in Cannes, Romain and I realized in Porquerolles a nice photo and video shoot of the new CNB 76. To get the best of the images CNB 76, CNB, our client, did put all the chance on its side:
- Helicopter
- 43 feet catamaran chase boat
- Four models: Laurence Cormerais, Tiphaine S Schirier Patrice Lucenet, Oliver Mellet
- Full Crew (Skipper Mark Renwick assisted by Antoine for handling and Ingrid Holstein)
- The CNB!s director of marketing
- A production designer Clara Piaton
- A representative of the sail maker (Incidences)

Architect Philippe Briand
Interior designer: Piaton and Associates

Shooting a four-day program ... great atmosphere, fun and zen attitudes!

CNB76-6.jpg

CNB76-5.jpg

CNB76-4.jpg

CNB76-3.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The CNB 76 is really a super yacht!
Late September, after the Festival de la Plaisance in Cannes, Romain and I realized in Porquerolles a nice photo and video shoot of the new CNB 76. To get the best of the images CNB 76, CNB, our client, did put all the chance on its side:
- Helicopter
- 43 feet catamaran chase boat
- Four models: Laurence Cormerais, Tiphaine S Schirier Patrice Lucenet, Oliver Mellet
- Full Crew (Skipper Mark Renwick assisted by Antoine for handling and Ingrid Holstein)
- The CNB!s director of marketing
- A production designer Clara Piaton
- A representative of the sail maker (Incidences)

Architect Philippe Briand
Interior designer: Piaton and Associates

Shooting a four-day program ... great atmosphere, fun and zen attitudes!

CNB76-6.jpg

What a finely crafted shoot of a brilliantly conceived vessel to cut its way through any seas. This team dreaming.............. and then a miracle of the launch and this celebratory and successful shoot!

What a team you assembled and you pulled it off so well. I know this is very strenuous work! In twenty years time, you might need to be tied to the mast on the chase boat, but you will still give us great pictures!

Asher

Asher Kelman

CNB76-2.jpg

Tiphaine S Schirier in the master's cabin ...
CNB76-7.jpg

One point, Nicolas.

Once you place Triphaine at the wheel in that modest, (but suggestive), outfit, the boat can't be imagined without her. But if one couldn't manage that, one couldn't manage the boat either!

Asher

nicolas claris

CNB76-2.jpg

Tiphaine S Schirier in the master's cabin ...
CNB76-7.jpg

One point, Nicolas.

Once you place Triphaine at the wheel in that modest, (but suggestive), outfit, the boat can't be imagined without her. But if one couldn't manage that, one couldn't manage the boat either!

Asher
As an aside story for this shoot as for many other ones not shown here we had pretty good laughs as these are 5 shots exposure fusion, the last one being between 15 to 30 seconds !
Specially when we had the 4 models all together in the frame, what good times!

Asher Kelman

Nicolas,

I realize that you didn't tell us what lenses you used and any special findings. Also what software come in to play as options for processing?

Asher

nicolas claris

Bonjour Asher

All interiors of this set have been shot with a SMC Pentax-DA 645 25mm F4 AL [IF] SDM AW

Exteriors were shot with:
DFA645 55 mm ƒ 2.8 AL (IF)
smc FA 645 80-160mm f4.5
HD D-FA 645 Macro 90mm F 2.8 AW SR
smc FA 645 300 mm f4 ED (IF)

Software used are LR5, Image Fuser and PS CS6
All images are uncropped from the Pentax 645D.

Asher Kelman

Bonjour Asher

All interiors of this set have been shot with a SMC Pentax-DA 645 25mm F4 AL [IF] SDM AW

Exteriors were shot with:
DFA645 55 mm ƒ 2.8 AL (IF)
smc FA 645 80-160mm f4.5
HD D-FA 645 Macro 90mm F 2.8 AW SR
smc FA 645 300 mm f4 ED (IF)

Software used are LR5, Image Fuser and PS CS6
All images are uncropped from the Pentax 645D.

The last point is worth some consideration: you are able to frame that accurately that what you deliver is actually what you planned for that purpose. The is something that those devoted to a project would love to be able to achieve each time. Would you just adapt wi35mm or crop to get this format?

What about AF with the classic F lenses, the zoom and the 300mm?

Thanks,

Asher

nicolas claris

The last point is worth some consideration: you are able to frame that accurately that what you deliver is actually what you planned for that purpose. The is something that those devoted to a project would love to be able to achieve each time. Would you just adapt wi35mm or crop to get this format?
I would adapt to the format (any).
But let's be honest, it is a start. Im almost always happy with my framing, however it happens that one (you know who!) may find an image in the image. I'm doing commercial photography so I have to accept some freedom by A.D.s

What about AF with the classic F lenses, the zoom and the 300mm?
I don't understand your question, there…

Asher Kelman

I don't understand your question, there…

I was wondering about considerations of AF or MF usability of classic Pentax lenses, especially leaf shutter examples, as they open the possibility of high sync speeds to bring down the power of the ambient light.

Asher

nicolas claris

I don't know about leaf shutter, but I can say that i'l very happy with the 300mm. The 80-160 is fine, provided that you go under ƒ8, then it is a very nice lens!

By the way, I just caught the Yachting World cover (with 7 pages of images inside). A great article about the CNB 76 in the February issue, a shame they forgot to publish the photo credit ... It becomes a bad habit in magazines!!!

1551478_10201291631398882_1277307573_n.jpg

Asher Kelman

These are beautiful reminders of your long devoted journey and love of the boats, photography and everything Marine!

:)