• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Image Processing First Class! The 64 BIT advantage.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
So here are the newly processed images from 16 bit tifs.

Shot @ ƒ8:

OPF_Deblur_F080_Crop01_NC_FF.jpg

Shot @ ƒ8:

OPF_Deblur_F320_Crop01_NC_FM.jpg

nicolas claris

For easy comparison, below are the most interesting ones (IMO)

OPF_Deblur_original.jpg

OPF_Deblur_LR2.jpg

OPF_Deblur_Carboni.jpg

OPF_Deblur_NC.jpg

(without any color corrections as I did previously)

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Nicolas,

1.What do you think so far, since you can look at things 100% or are these 100%?

2. Have you run sharpening on your Focus Magic and Focus Fixer examples? IOW, is there benefit from adding these programs before using your best sharpening method?

Asher

nicolas claris

Well
their are all 100% of the cropped file I got.

My preference (seen on a powerbook) is in order:

Focus fixer
Noel Carboni
My action

I recognize, that on this sample my action is beatten! but they're all not free ;-)

Now, I'd like to read other's opinions

For easy comparison, below are the most interesting ones (IMO)

Nicolas, in post #12 I presented an improved version of the f/32 version processed with the adaptive RL algorithm. Could you exchange the current/old version in your post with hat one?

I have also done some tests with SizeFixer from FixerLabs. It incorporates their 'Lensfix' functionality with (potential) interpolation functionality. It looks nice (I'll post examples when I'm back at my main PC), in fact very close to my 'best' ImagesPlus results when SizeFixer is used without interpolation (100% scale). I have yet to test its interpolated result when downsampled.

Bart

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Well
their are all 100% of the cropped file I got.

My preference (seen on a powerbook) is in order:

Focus fixer
Noel Carboni
My action

I recognize, that on this sample my action is beatten! but they're all not free ;-)

Now, I'd like to read other's opinions
Yes, Nicolas, but how do they look when your sharpening is added to the other Focus Fixer or Magic Focus? I seem to not be explaining myself.

It's like this:

1. Your sharpening is free and impressive. I like what you do.

2. Focus Magic seems great too. Now would it be even better followed by your action?

Thanks,

Asher

nicolas claris

Nicolas, in post #12 I presented an improved version of the f/32 version processed with the adaptive RL algorithm. Could you exchange the current/old version in your post with hat one?

I have also done some tests with SizeFixer from FixerLabs. It incorporates their 'Lensfix' functionality with (potential) interpolation functionality. It looks nice (I'll post examples when I'm back at my main PC), in fact very close to my 'best' ImagesPlus results when SizeFixer is used without interpolation (100% scale). I have yet to test its interpolated result when downsampled.

Bart

Hi Bart

Sorry! I'll do that later today (got to go to work for now!)

Asher

please read : http://www.openphotographyforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=28797&postcount=20

Herman Teeuwen

A note for users of Noel Carboni's 'dSLR Fractal Sharpen' action (requires Genuine Fractals):

I just got a mail back from Noel. He has updated his actions for use with Genuine Fractals version 5. He'll be sending an update to registered users very soon. There is a also a pre-release.

Herman