• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

DTS no Signal

May be someone came across this before.

I hooked up THX certified active surround speakers via fibre optics to the Mac, played back a DVD with 5.1 and no problem. But DTS encoded material causes the speaker controller to display "No Digital Signal".

I know that in Windows you need certain codecs to decode DTS, how is that with OSX? Is DTS no part of the audio core?

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Georg

Google "DTS codec OSX" plenty answers… But I'm ot tech enough on this subject to select the right one ;-)
A gentle tap for the dog!

Hi Nicolas,

Strange thing in deed. One would think that the TOS (fibre optics) output from the mac should not give any problems and that OSX can eat DTS encoded material and send the signal through TOS.

Looks like it is more difficult.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Nicolas,

Strange thing in deed. One would think that the TOS (fibre optics) output from the mac should not give any problems and that OSX can eat DTS encoded material and send the signal through TOS.

Looks like it is more difficult.

Nothing at all related with Olympic Games ;-) but this is Chinese for me ! LoL!

Just toasted you and Karen with some Aberlour…

Karen sends Greetings to Bordeaux. :)

The NEC arrived today .... finally! First impression.... Well, I thought it is bigger... LOLOL ;)

Nope, seriously, it is quite a piece of LCD, very nice in deed. Amazing how small the Eizo looks beside it. I am glad I designed my desk the way it is, the 3090 sits nice and snug in the corner.