• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hi from the slightly soggy desert

Aaron Strasburg

Just found this site and joined yesterday. Very interesting content so far.

I'm in New Mexico, which is much damper now than usual. In the past few weeks we've caught up to our normal rainfall level after having had essentially none for the year. It's made for some interesting and different photo opportunities, but they're not necessarily easy to capture. Timing counts for a lot.

I look forward to learning more from the folks on this site.

Aaron

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Welcome Aaron,

Love to see what you are capturing! Always wanted to photograph there. Don't think I've see wet desert!

Asher

Last edited:

Tony Bonanno

pro member
Hi Aaron,

Welcome aboard! I'm in Santa Fe... come on up sometime and we'll visit over coffee or whatever.. yeah, definitely the greenest summer I've seen in many years..

Tony

Don Lashier

Aaron Strasburg said:
Just found this site and joined yesterday. Very interesting content so far.

I'm in New Mexico, which is much damper now than usual. Aaron

What a weird summer. Most places are hotter than usual, but we're 5 or 10 degrees colder than usual - typical high here is around 62 F this summer, was 55 F at 7 pm a couple days ago (shiver, but not complaining versus 100+ inland recently).

- DL

Aaron Strasburg

Thanks for the welcome notes

I'll see what I can dig up. I'm quite some way from being a gifted photographer, but this seems not to be too harsh a group. I'm doing a workshop with Alain later this year. Perhaps I can make some more progress before then.

Tony, I may actually drive up to SF tomorrow (Sunday). It's been quite some time since I've done much in the way of touristing there, so I suppose I'm due. If so I'll definitely stop by your show.

Hopefully it won't be too wet...

Aaron Strasburg

Testing to see if I can get an image to appear correctly

If this works correctly, here's a wet desert picture:
_MG_9580.jpg

Unusually green, which is probably more visible on the side of the mountain than in the foreground.

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Aaron,

In the bottom of the reply box, there's an option "Go advanced". On the dialog box top there's a mountain. It will givew you a drop down box for the url of your image.

Asher

Tony Bonanno

pro member
Aaron,

The show space is unfortunately closed on Sunday.. Read Johnson Gallery is in the same place as the Santa Fe Camera Center, which, by the way, is the best thing to happen to photographers in NM in a long time. You will want to go there anyway and then catch the show. Show comes down Aug 26th.

Cheers,

Tony

Aaron Strasburg

Ah, unfortunate timing. I'll be out of town for the rest of the time. I didn't realize the gallery was at a shop, of course I didn't realize we had a decent shop in the state either.

We'll have to catch up at a later date.

Thanks, Aaron