• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Greetings from NZ

Bill Irwin

Hello everyone, just found this site while googling for info on my 9800. Looks like a great source of info, I can't believe I haven't found it before.

About me in a nutshell: I live in Methven, a small town by a skifield in New Zealand. I am a full time photographer, my main interest is landscapes. I sell them mainly as prints on canvas, as well as licensed use through a stock library. Have just entered publishing with my first book about to hit the shelves. I do a bit of commercial photography and custom printing for more bread & butter income, but run a mile from weddings.

I bought an Epson 9800 earler this year (after progressing from a 2100 and 4000). Camera gear is Canon, 5D and assorted lenses (latest purchase is a TS24 , I love it!).

I'm doing what I do because I like it, not because I think I'll make millions in a short time, but after only 2 years as a full time photographer (was a farmer for 20 years previously) I'm happy with how things are progressing. It's great earning an income doing what I enjoy.

Bill
www.billirwin.co.nz

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
A great welcome to you Bill!

Never been to N.Z. myself but have heard so much about the sheep meadows, and mountains with huge waterfalls and terrain high up there that looks like some Martian landscape.

I'm impressed with the small "observations" you have made within your pictures. "The Blue Shed, Akaro" was painted just perfectly for the shot!

You certainly have a cycle of seasons in photographing Mount Hutt packed with snow, in the spring melt and the rest of the year.

Reminds me of Monet with his Haystacks!

http://web.uct.ac.za/depts/philosophy/monet.htm

Asher

P.S. Good luck on your book!

Last edited:

Bill Irwin

Alain & Asher
well this is a busy and friendly place, thanks for the greetings. I can see I have a few days ahead of me browsing all the knowledge here!

Bill

Alain Briot

pro member
Asher Kelman said:
I'm impressed with the small "observations" you have made within your pictures. "The Blue Shed, Akaro" was painted just perfectly for the shot!
Asher

Yes, I like the Blue Shed. The chimney is pretty wild. Looks like it can double up as a weather vane if needed!