• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Snow Leopard & Epson R2400 problem…

Michael Seltzer

I recently upgraded to Snow Leopard (10.6.7), downloaded the new Epson driver for my R2400 (doesn't seem to need Rosetta), and now all my photos print light, washed out. The print dialog is different, with some new choices--more settings for Print Quality, and Color Precisions and Resolution drop-downs, which I don't remember from before. There are also some things missing, like the ability to tell it that I'm using thick paper, which worries me (don't want to damage the heads). Anyway, it may be that I don't understand how to set-up the dialog properly, but I've tried several different settings, and the prints are always washed out.

Anybody else have this problem? Anyone know of a solution?

Thanks

Michael Seltzer

I forgot to mention... I've looked on Epson's site for new paper profiles, but the one's I found seem to be the old ones I am already using.

Michael Seltzer

Sorry all, I found the fix in a troubleshooting guide on Epson's site--I'd missed it before (it's actually a guide for Leopard problems, not Snow Leopard). Get rid of the printer, driver and everything else to do with the R2400 from my computer, and start fresh. Now I have my old print dialog back and everything works as before, except my prints seem to be just a bit darker than before.

I wonder what happened that gave me the other print dialog? I installed the same driver (6.57 for the R2400), but got an entirely different dialog. In some ways it seemed better--many more options, more control; I especially liked being able to select resolutions, like 2880x1440. In the dialog I have now, I can't specify resolution at all. Never could (unless setting the Print Quality to High, Best, or RPM is setting resolution for me; but the other dialog had that setting and Resolution, so...). I've always wondered about people posting that they set to print at 1440 or 2880. My printer manual says it can do that, but the dialog I have doesn't ever give me the option. Does anybody with an R2400 know differently?

Thanks again, and sorry for the original post. Too soon.