• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

News: Pentax 645D

Jerome Marot

As any medium format with a focal plane shutter, it is limited, yes (to 1/125s). But can't one use leaf shutter lenses on it? Pentax made quite a few of those over the years and there are adapters available.

Michael Nagel

The smc 67 165 mm/4,0 LS is still available new and can be adapted. 1/500 s is possible and should be ok for most circumstances.

Nick Devlin has written a review which can be seen here:
Luminous Landscape 645D Review

It looks like a good MF camera for field work.

Michael

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The smc 67 165 mm/4,0 LS is still available new and can be adapted. 1/500 s is possible and should be ok for most circumstances.

Nick Devlin has written a review which can be seen here:
Luminous Landscape 645D Review

It looks like a good MF camera for field work.

Michael

I'd find the 165mm great for some work, but often would need 80 mm to 65 mm for fast flash synch. I want to be able to overwhelm ambient without too much flash and stop action! Still, at this price, the Pentax is a bargain. For $3500 more, one can get the H3 Hasselblad weighing in at 30 MP.

Asher