• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
At times I am so moved that I grab my camera and shoot through the car window at a traffic light to catch an attractive scene. Twilight to dusk can be magical.

_MG_0368BH_Twilight_crop_800.jpg

Asher Kelman: Town Hall from santa monica Blvd

Beverly Hills December 2012

Hope we can travel around your favorite cities as the light disappears!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Obligatory Munich view (you have to climb 306 steps to see this).

Well then, Michael,

We'll have to return ASAP! I missed that on the last 2 visits! Stunning view and well worth the climb! Not clear which is the town Hall and which is the Church! What are the round dome towers on the left and the modern lit facility through glass? How did you capture this?

Asher

Michael Nagel

Well then, Michael,

We'll have to return ASAP! I missed that on the last 2 visits! Stunning view and well worth the climb!

It is there - you only have to climb (and being there the right season helps as the opening hours of the church tower you have to climb do not always correlate with the blue hour).

Not clear which is the town Hall and which is the Church!

A little research on a well known online encyclopedia yields these results.

I am slightly surprised that after 2+ visits you cannot identify these.

What are the round dome towers on the left and the modern lit facility through glass?

This and this.

How did you capture this?

Exif data is here - otherwise it was pretty straightforward.

Best regards,
Michael

Asher Kelman

Michael!

My visits to Munich were for a world cup football match and the art galleries and friends and never stopped for breath, just beer and food!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Any more cityscapes at the end of the day?

What about London, Amsterdam, Toronto, Paris, Riyadh, Istanbul, Darwin, Melbourne and more? Come on guys?

Asher

Asher Kelman

One more from Munich. This view is from Olympiapark across Munich towards the Alps a few days ago.

Michael,

City planning was more coordinated when the structures of the first image were built. At least they tried to make styles harmonious or complementary. The newer buildings seem more functional and minimalistic, like boxes of with lit windows. Still, the older medieval buildings beautify the skyline, one just has to notice them and lock into their presence.

Of course, I'm being sentimental, but more thought seems to have gone into the beauty of buildings hundreds of years ago than today!

Asher

Asher Kelman

I rediscovered this scene from my rented apartment over the Seine in 2011.

[Group 2]-_0037015__0037022-8 images_800pxl.jpg

Asher Kelman: From a 6th Floor Balcony, The Seine

Asher

Rob Naylor

Not really cityscapes, but small townscapes...
Ahrweiler, Germany at dusk.

6730274565_4b53b6f66d_z.jpg

and, my local town (old shepherds house)

6175088542_5765442479_z.jpg