• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The Brilliant Zeiss Distagon 21mm here again!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This announcement is music to anyone but the guy who stole my own 21mm Distagon! The lens I purchased brand new for ~$1600 rocketed in value to $,4000 and recently I saw one for $6,000! Now production of the lens in the mounts for Canon, Nikon and Pentax is going to be a normal thing for today's photographer. Todays price would be $1692 at current exchange rates. Thank you Zeiss!

PI_0158-2008.jpg

Distagon T* 2.8/21 is scheduled to begin by the end of this year with the ZF and ZK version. ZE hopefully to follow next year!

OBERKOCHEN/Germany, 16.09.2008.
The legendary Distagon T* 2.8/21 is now being introduced for SLR cameras with EF, F and K bayonets. Thanks to its excellent performance, this modernized version from the former Contax system sets new standards in this focal length class. “The outstanding correction of chromatic aberration enables photos without color fringes even in high-contrast light conditions”, says Martin Klottig, Marketing Manager, Carl Zeiss Camera Lens Division. “Even at full aperture, the floating element design ensures optimum edge-to-edge image quality over the entire focusing range. And even in difficult light conditions, the new Distagon provides excellent results thanks to its T* coating, optimum reflection reduction and exceptional chromatic correction.”

The shortest possible distance setting of only 0.22 m makes the lens ideal for impressive perspectives. Typical applications include architectural, journalistic and landscape photography.

The Distagon 2.8/21 is available with an EF bayonet (ZE), F bayonet (ZF) and a K bayonet (ZK). It is suitable for both digital and analog full-format SLR cameras.

Delivery of the Distagon T* 2.8/21 is scheduled to begin by the end of this year with the ZF and ZK version. Its selling price is estimated at 1,399 euros (incl. 19% German VAT).