• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!
A darker feel for these leaves. A bit of Yin to balance out the Yang.

swordfish.jpg
[/image]

Swordfish ©Maggie Terlecki 2014​

Chris Calohan

Lovely...I need you to package some of those leaves and send them to me...I have pine needles for trees and scrawny scrub oak...nothing this lovely at all.

Lovely...I need you to package some of those leaves and send them to me...I have pine needles for trees and scrawny scrub oak...nothing this lovely at all.

Thank you Chris, Oh, I have plenty of pine needles here too.. surrounded, in fact. But if you are serious, message me your address and I'd be happy to mail you a few this week!
:)
Maggie

Paul Abbott

Hey Maggie, this is a powerful and very arresting image...it's quintessential too.
I have never seen leaves portrayed like this so for me your image has a lot of thought and originality, and that is something I prize very much...

Hey Maggie, this is a powerful and very arresting image...it's quintessential too.
I have never seen leaves portrayed like this so for me your image has a lot of thought and originality, and that is something I prize very much...

That is a very strong compliment, Paul. Thank you very much! :)
Maggie

Paul Abbott

Even though I am going to mention opening up the shadows along the left side a tad, I still strongly feel that it is quintessential.
That dark area on the left edge is unbalancing the image. When I look there I want to see more of the leaf structure in slightly under equal measure to the right side. Just my two mongo's, is all...:)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
A darker feel for these leaves. A bit of Yin to balance out the Yang.

swordfish.jpg
[/image]

Swordfish ©Maggie Terlecki 2014​

Finely crossed swords are immediately captivating, Maggie. I wish I had thought of that!

A small question? Need we watch we don't move to "kitsch". When, i wonder, is that line crossed?

Asher

Even though I am going to mention opening up the shadows along the left side a tad, I still strongly feel that it is quintessential.
That dark area on the left edge is unbalancing the image. When I look there I want to see more of the leaf structure in slightly under equal measure to the right side. Just my two mongo's, is all...:)

I had thought of cropping it and was worried about losing the line that moves the eye to the crossing point but had not thought of opening up the shadow.

So I did, but couldn't really get the bottom part as nice as I wanted, so opened it and cropped a bit too. I do think it looks better. I have exchanged the one that I posted. Hope you like it more; I do! :)
Maggie
swordfish.jpg

Swordfish - © Maggie Terlecki 2014​

Finely crossed swords are immediately captivating, Maggie. I wish I had thought of that!

A small question? Need we watch we don't move to "kitsch". When, i wonder, is that line crossed?

Asher

Because of the title, or the image? Anyways, people don't take me very seriously so who cares if they think it is kitsch. I like it and I guess that is all that really should matter.
Maggie

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Because of the title, or the image? Anyways, people don't take me very seriously so who cares if they think it is kitsch. I like it and I guess that is all that really should matter.
Maggie

Exactly! You're a bold artist, Maggie. This certainly is cutting edge and an eye ctcher!

Asher